Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online

Akaneharuka

Akaneharuka

windows-10-2.jpg

According to Cisco's Talos group scammers impersonating Microsoft have begun sending out emails informing individuals that they are eligible to upgrade to Windows 10. The email appears to come from an official Microsoft address, [email protected], adding to its authenticity, but don’t be fooled — Microsoft isn’t going to send you an email with Windows 10 as the attachment.

The W10 rollout has been relatively smooth, but there are plenty of users who never received the Get Windows 10 app and are still waiting in line for their turn to update. Unfortunately, scammers have seen how desperate Windows users are for the update, which is why it should come as no surprise that a phishing campaign has been discovered.
Source:
Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crap...3 weeks ago my brother got a phone call from "microsoft" telling him his computer was compromised with a virus and if purchases an antivirus software over the phone 50 dollars they would email the download link...sure enough, right after he "purchased" the norton antivirus for 50 bucks he phoned me to tell me how lucky he was that microsoft phoned him....i told him to hang up and emediatly cancel his credit card and claim fraud on the 50 bucks..sure enough when he called, his credit card had lthe 50 dollar charge ....as well as a 500 dollar additional charge. some people are so easily fooled

crap...3 weeks ago my brother got a phone call from "microsoft" telling him his computer was compromised with a virus and if purchases an antivirus software over the phone 50 dollars they would email the download link...sure enough, right after he "purchased" the norton antivirus for 50 bucks he phoned me to tell me how lucky he was that microsoft phoned him....i told him to hang up and emediatly cancel his credit card and claim fraud on the 50 bucks..sure enough when he called, his credit card had lthe 50 dollar charge ....as well as a 500 dollar additional charge. some people are so easily fooled

They used to say they were from Windows. Looks like they've finally figured it out.

yeah, scam...btw. did u find this crap already guyz? hope it will be understandable without any translation-your PC could be open to another PCs for updates from it.

2niua4ferdxo.jpg

Archived