Windows 10 Installation Hit by New Bug 'Something Happened'

Batu69

something-happened-twitter-get-flooded-w

Something Happened? Twitter Get Flooded with Windows 10's new Blue Screen of Death

Even as it appeared that Microsoft was moving slowly towards the operating system supremacy after launching its new OS update Windows 10, which has been appreciated for its latest features and improvements, it seems like the operating system is not free of bugs, after all.

For updating to Windows 10 operating system from Windows 8.1, 8 or 7, you can either upgrade the OS from the widget or download the official ISO file of Windows 10 from Microsoft website.

Though the first process updates the devices smoothly, running the ISO throws up a strange error message that reads, "Something Happened".

The error message abruptly stops the downloading process, just like the notorious BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) used to do in previous Windows versions.

Twitterati have already vented their frustration over the error message.

Something Happened.
#Windows10
pic.twitter.com/3eBiIAigyI

— Jason Cartwright (@techAU)
July 29, 2015

"Something happened"
#Windows10
#Windows
pic.twitter.com/UYT6ulpzEv
— William PJ Kulich (@Keening_Product)
July 30, 2015

Here we go! I guess something happened.
#Windows10
pic.twitter.com/PtpMP3QbLS

— Daniel Berg (@bergdaniel)
July 30, 2015

Hey
@Microsoft
, Instead of "Failed: 84B30002" or "Something Happened", how about we get "Not available yet"? Makes more sense
#Windows10
— RichardReddy (@RichardReddy)
July 30, 2015

"It was as if a million voices all cried out at once and were suddenly silenced. Something happened."
#windows10

— Timeless Prototype (@TimelessP)
July 30, 2015

Source

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened to me last week clean installing. Tried again, that time it installed. Weird...........

Got that when first trying to download the ISO file. Turned off my firewall and it worked fine then.

Archived