skype sux

bruinator

• Replies 4
  • Views 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been using ooVoo for a very long time and find it better than Skype.

Download it and try it.

when i type in skype text box why do different windows pop up so it leaves skype window? PITA

What you describe is not happening, here — maybe, a screenshot would help understanding your problem. yXZVmpE.gif

In case those pop-ups are advertisements — you can use this Skype tutorial, to be rid of them. 8)

you're better off using something else, like raidcall or teamspeak.

there's a text chat function too, some people think those are exclusively voice based

and hey, mIRC is still there too!, and is still a better chat program than all the others that have come after

when i type in skype text box why do different windows pop up so it leaves skype window? PITA

What you describe is not happening, here — maybe, a screenshot would help understanding your problem. yXZVmpE.gif

In case those pop-ups are advertisements — you can use this Skype tutorial, to be rid of them. 8)

Hello @dcs18, I'd like to suggest you something to your method 1 that will convert it into the "definitive method".

We need to take off Skype Elements and get a clean Skype interface so for that we need to do the next:

- Be sure to close and exit from Skype.

- Open your windows explorer, and type in address bar: %appdata%

- In there find the Skype dir, doble click on it and find now the dir with your account's name.

- You need to find "config.xml" file, open it with Notepad and find this tag: <AdvertPlaceholder>1</AdvertPlaceholder>

- Change 1 to 0, so it looks like this: <AdvertPlaceholder>0</AdvertPlaceholder>

- Save the file, open Skype and voilá!

Best regards.

Archived