Windows 10 problems

ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50

Until yestrerday when I went into Windows updates I got a messaqge saying I had a reserved copy of windows 10. Then my computer did a 8.1 update and now all I get is a message of no updates available. Is this normal or what. Please help me out. Thanks Tim

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My PC did something same - GWX icon missing, but WU says update is reserved (although two other PCs at home already shows message of upgrade). Did everything I can - no icon appears. I'm trying "manual override" now.

EDIT: Looks like "Manual Override" worked, but I can't activate Windows for now ._.

EDIT next day: Okay, it's activated now, but the key is different xD

all you have to is download the setup from Microsoft and upgrade I tested already no need to wait it could be weeks. as long as windows updates says you opted it you are though.

Can I get my free Windows 10 upgrade even if I didn’t reserve

Yes, you can still get your free upgrade. Making a reservation is the first step. To reserve,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq#ui-id-17

blazeblaze456

@steven36, did you use the iso creation tool from windows website? Did it give the option of keeping applications, files, & settings intact?

all you have to is download the setup from Microsoft and upgrade I tested already no need to wait it could be weeks. as long as windows updates says you opted it you are though.

Can I get my free Windows 10 upgrade even if I didn’t reserve

Yes, you can still get your free upgrade. Making a reservation is the first step. To reserve,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq#ui-id-17

Link isn't working, Microsoft has disabled.

@steven36, did you use the iso creation tool from windows website? Did it give the option of keeping applications, files, & settings intact?

yes i made a DVD from the Iso and installed it from my desktop the setup file I let it do all the updates 1st and its set to option of keeping applications, files, & settings intact by default you have to change it to do it clean . after it does all that it will reboot you're pc and upgrade.. it was real easy for me. B)

ROMANTICGUY50

Is the windows 10 upgrade icon still visible ?

yes

freeforever03

I had a similar issue. I downloaded a Microsoft installation image and burned it to DVD. I then installed Windows 10 as an update to Windows 7. The installation took about 30 minutes but was successful. However, their may be issues after the installation is done. I found that Comodo Firewall is not compatible with Windows 10. Also, TuneUp Utilities ran only in compatibility mode. The other issue was activation. When I went to activate Windows 10, it didn't activate (maybe server problems or something else). My suggestion is to do the update, activate it and then do a clean installation. The clean installation is supposed to retain your key and activation.

Hi all,

Excuse me for asking a stupid question!
Will all Windows 7 Pro system files be overwritten when installing Windows 10 Pro?
I had an "argument" with a friend who said that they are not all overwritten but I beg to differ.

Can somebody please enlighten me/him as to who is correct.

I had a similar issue. I downloaded a Microsoft installation image and burned it to DVD. I then installed Windows 10 as an update to Windows 7. The installation took about 30 minutes but was successful. However, their may be issues after the installation is done. I found that Comodo Firewall is not compatible with Windows 10. Also, TuneUp Utilities ran only in compatibility mode. The other issue was activation. When I went to activate Windows 10, it didn't activate (maybe server problems or something else). My suggestion is to do the update, activate it and then do a clean installation. The clean installation is supposed to retain your key and activation.

My PC did something same - GWX icon missing, but WU says update is reserved (although two other PCs at home already shows message of upgrade). Did everything I can - no icon appears. I'm trying "manual override" now.

EDIT: Looks like "Manual Override" worked, but I can't activate Windows for now ._.

I know this may sound ridiculous but try tapping/clicking on the Activate button until it states that its activated. I tried that method several minutes ago and voila, it worked. The source of the remedy is found in the links below -

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/9399-after-upgrade-windows-10-cannot-activate-error-code-0xc004f034-post297260.html#post297260

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/9399-after-upgrade-windows-10-cannot-activate-error-code-0xc004f034-4.html#post297338

Archived