How to download Windows 10 and Retrieve Key

Jobe

Windows 10 download Tutorial

Windows 10 has launched in 190 countries, and if you reserved your copy you should be able to upgrade to it today, or soon afterwards. Microsoft will be notifying users in waves when their upgrade is ready to be installed.

However, for some people the wait may be long, and others have reported problems with the automatic installation. Fortunately, if you’re keen to get the upgrade started, Microsoft has released a tool that will let you download Windows 10 and create your own installation media on either a USB flash drive or DVD.

If you’re installing Windows 10 on a newly formatted PC, or one which has an older OS such as XP or Vista, you’ll need a valid Windows 7, 8.x or Windows 10 license to activate the operating system.

To get started go here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

KEY RETRIEVAL

WAIT SEVERAL HOURS AND YOUR WINDOWS WILL BE ACTIVATED,UPON ACTIVATION USE THE TOOL TO GET THE KEY,TOOL IS NEEDED AS IT IS WRITTEN IN BINARY CODE IN REGISTRY.

Tool Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxrgf074z15vavj/produkey_setup.rar?dl=0

Enjoy Nsaners...........

Save and run the file. You’ll be offered two choices. You can upgrade the PC you’re on to Windows 10, or create installation media for another PC. If you just want to start using Windows 10 select the former. To create an installer to use later, or elsewhere, select the latter.

win-10-installation-media.jpg

Click Next and select the language, edition (there are several variations of Home and Pro available), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit, both).

Win-10-version.jpg

When choosing the edition, you’ll need to select the one that matches the Windows license you have. See the table below.

win10-tables.jpg

Click Next, and choose either USB flash drive or ISO file as your installation media. If you select the latter you’ll need to burn it to DVD later.

Click Next again, and it will download the file. This is several gigabytes, so will take a while to complete depending on the speed of your internet connection. Once it has finished you’ll be ready to upgrade an existing PC or install Windows 10 on a new system.

Enjoy Nsaners.................

TIP OF THE DAY: Remember if burning ISO use the slowest burn speed possible for best results.

NB: For those that dont know the version with the 'N' after it means not with Media Player,see below.

N Editions

Additional Windows 10 editions specially destined for the EU, Croatia and Switzerland have the letter "N" (for Not with Media Player) suffixed to their names (e.g. Windows 10 Enterprise N) and do not have media-related technologies like Windows Media Player or Camera. There are N editions for all Windows 10 versions except Mobile, Mobile Enterprise and IoT Core. Microsoft was required to create the "N" editions of Windows after the European Commission ruled in 2004 that it needed to provide a copy of Windows without Windows Media Player tied in. The cost of the N Editions are the same as the full versions, as the "Media Feature Pack" can be downloaded without charge from Microsoft.

Those editions lack at least the following functionality:

• Play or create:
    • Audio CDs
    • Digital media files
    • Video DVDs
  • Organize content in a media library
  • Create playlists
  • Convert audio CDs to digital media files
  • View artist and title information of digital media files
  • View album art of music files
  • Transfer music to personal music players
  • Record and play back TV broadcasts after
  • Internet Explorer does not include playback for:
    • Adaptive streaming
    • Digital Rights Management (DRM)

It is possible to add the missing functionality with third party software or with the Media Feature Pack, Groove Music and XBox Video from Microsoft.

Enjoy Nsaners.................

• Replies 87
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that you cannot do a fresh install of W10 with a legit key of Windows 8.1/8/7. I tried and it rejected mine.

It seems that you cannot do a fresh install of W10 with a legit key of Windows 8.1/8/7. I tried and it rejected mine.

You have to upgrade first,then clean install after you have upgraded,I am just upgrading from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro,then afterwards will do a clean install of 10 pro,will let you know how it goes.

what about if i buy a new hard disk and want to do a clean install without upgrade.

You will need a Win 7 or 8 key,or install as above with an 'activated copy' of 7 first then upgrade and then perform fresh install of 10.

are the ISO files downloaded for later use suitable for upgrading aswell or just for fresh install?

You have to upgrade first,then clean install after you have upgraded,I am just upgrading from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro,then afterwards will do a clean install of 10 pro,will let you know how it goes.

Are you upgrading thru Windows Updates or from the iso created from the MS site? What's the proper way to do it?

november_ra1n

Are you upgrading thru Windows Updates or from the iso created from the MS site?

In my opinion Windows 10 ISO creating tool will be much faster and straightforward than using WU the end of the day you are getting same ISO in different way.

This tool is specially good getting Windows Single Language Edition as you can not download via MSDN.

are the ISO files downloaded for later use suitable for upgrading aswell or just for fresh install?

Good question,I would asume the ISO would only be for a fresh install as if you look at the pics above there are two options,the first one which I am about to use now is to 'upgrade this pc now'.Fresh install with the ISO would I presume require a valid key if its on a machine which has not been 'activated' by using a prevoius version of Win 7 or 8.

Are you upgrading thru Windows Updates or from the iso created from the MS site? What's the proper way to do it?

I am at the moment nearly finishing ISO download using the tool listed above,then when I have burnt that will use option 1 above to upgrade my system to 10 Pro,then if all has gone well ,will use the ISO for clean install !!!,will be switching to laptop shortly!!

what about if i buy a new hard disk and want to do a clean install without upgrade.

Sorry this is in Dutch

Ik weet niet of je het al hebt vernomen maar Windows 10 stuurt gegevens door naar M$ maar je kan het wel blokkeren.

http://www.consumentenbond.nl/internet-privacy/extra/windows-10-privacy/#item1

Good question,I would asume the ISO would only be for a fresh install as if you look at the pics above there are two options,the first one which I am about to use now is to 'upgrade this pc now'.Fresh install with the ISO would I presume require a valid key if its on a machine which has not been 'activated' by using a prevoius version of Win 7 or 8.

I'll try upgrading using the ISO tomorrow; don't have time today to test

EDIT:

If you chose to create installation media

You can install from an ISO, a USB, or a DVD. Here's how:

• Mount the ISO, and then run setup.exe from it.

• If you downloaded to a USB or a DVD, run setup.exe from the USB or DVD.

Both of these options allow you to upgrade the PC if it's already running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Will just be patient and wait until Microsoft irons out as many problems as possible before installing.

They will notify us when they are ready to download,hopefully,the "final" OS?

If I'm using Windows 10 TP build 10240 and I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 RTM? Will I lose my activation? Do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and upgrade Windows 10 and do a clean install later?

yes i upgraded fine using this method I seen it at rededit this morning and tested it..i chose the iso method downloaded and burned iso to dvd and upgraded ...easy peasy I let it do updates before installing though . :lol:

I have upgraded this time and guess what, they change your legit license to another one, so when you enter to control panel to activate it, it rejects your legit key.

In other words Micro :shit: did ​it again!

It's a no no. After failed to activate it, I started to play a little with the start menu and I broke it. WTF.

The tool only downloads Window 10 pro, not Enterprise. you don't have any control of update process in Windows 10 pro. time to switch to enterprise edition.

The tool only downloads Window 10 pro, not Enterprise. you don't have any control of update process in Windows 10 pro. time to switch to enterprise edition.

Choice of Home or Pro on mine.

So i currently have a KMS activated Win 7 Home Premium, but also i have got a OEM Win 7 Home Premium from DELL any idea how to use it for win 10 ?

So i currently have a KMS activated Win 7 Home Premium, but also i have got a OEM Win 7 Home Premium from DELL any idea how to use it for win 10 ?

Use one of the methods above and upgrade to 10,you should be ok.

Did anyone managed to upgrade from W8.1/ 8 to 10 and successfully activate it? I have a MSDNA key and MS rejects it after the upgrade... Also I just noticed that my UNIV just posted W10 EDU version so I'll probably get it and spare some time since MS servers rejects legit keys..

Supremo Phantom

from what i read from different sources, after the upgrade .. it verifies your legit win 7/8 key and gives you a legit Win 10 key .. which is why when you will upgrade, you will see a new key.

this new key can then be used to do a clean install "on the same hardware" and it will reactivate just fine.

if for some users, the legit key is not getting validated and it fails activation with Win 10, i am guessing .. your key has probably exhausted the permissible automatic reactivation. if you call microsoft and explain it, they would be able to add reactivation count to it, or maybe give you a fresh Win 10 key in exchange.

i haven't tested the upgrade myself yet.. i am on Win 8.1 enterprise, and i will wait for some time before I finally upgrade. I am betting there would be a lot of fixes and revised builds that would come out still .. now that it is officially out.

there will be a lot of compatibility issues reported etc.. so i would rather give it a few months... after all I have a full year that the upgrade is free ;) :D

I have some very imp data that I can not risk with, so better be safe than sorry. but that's just speaking for myself...

Archived