Windows 10 reserved and downloaded but error in installation

hp owner

In my PC I am using single OS. It is Windows 7 Professional 64Bit OS activated by MAK available in this forum. On 27.07.2015 I have found one folder as $Windows.~BT. It contains Windows 10 installation files and the size is 4.04 GB.

In Windows update is showing that Windows 10 upgrade reserved and We will let you know when yhe upgrade is ready to be installed in this pc. But this windows update history shows that Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro failed.

So I have tried to install manually using setup.exe in $Windows.~BT. But it shows always an error message as

Install Windows

Windows was unable to locate required installation file [boot.wim]. Verify that the installation source is valid, and restart the installation.

Error code: 0x80070002

Now what I have to do.

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting on mine using a legit windows 8.1 that I reserved yesterday I read it could be up to a few weeks .

Those who reserved their Windows 10 copies digitally will be receiving the upgrade automatically in the next couple of weeks since Microsoft is delivering the upgrade in phases to help manage the demand.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-officially-launched-coming-to-190-countries-as-a-free-upgrade-488015.shtml

If i would reserved it before yesterday maybe Id have the files already.. Anyways you're update may have failed because you're using a pirate version? You may have to install it yourself .

No. No. It is not pirated version. I have used MAK available in this forum and activated using Online Activation.

No. No. It is not pirated version. I have used MAK available in this forum and activated using Online Activation.

Well windows updates should tell you when its ready if legit you can remove errors form update logs with Tweaking.com - Windows Repair on windows 7 and on windows 8.1 you can repair in the computer itself.in trouble shooting I also have a windows 7 machine I reserved yesterday as well . You can always get and ISO and just do the upgrade from it if you have too. I looked in my logs nothing has tried to install yet or do i have the files. Its a 4-5GB download.

4ThEsYY.png

blazeblaze456

@steven36, I am presently using windows 8.1 Pro WMC on my laptop with around 19GB space free on my C drive. Which option should I choose? Downloading ISO with clean install or through windows update? If I chose upgrading through windows update then will I get the option of keeping my previously installed apps in intact condition?

Also, on my desktop, I am using windows 7 Ultimate with only around 12 GB space free on C drive, so in case of my desktop will the upgrading through windows updates work with only 12GB space free?

You are lucky your online, in-place upgrade failed — for the most pleasurable and trouble-free experience from the longer term point-of-view, it is highly advisable to opt for a full, clean, offline upgrade . . . . . . . executed through a BootDVD. F3h9xqz.gif

Alot people or downloading it from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ISO or stand alone installer and upgrading

You can read here more about it here .

Windows 10 not downloading through Windows Update? No folder? No Progress? Download the standalone installer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3ezqid/windows_10_not_downloading_through_windows_update/

You have to take some-sort upgrade in order to get you're key for it ? after i get a key Ill burn the iso and do it clean next time i need to reformat . The windows 7 machine I plain to upgrade to windows 10 was upgraded from vista.. I still have windows 7 on it from a upgrade since 2011 and still never needed reformatted still is like new .

If I was you I would leave upgrading for a couple of months because Windows 10 is STILL buggy on some systems.

Preserve your Sanity :)

If I was you I would leave upgrading for a couple of months because Windows 10 is STILL buggy on some systems.

Preserve your Sanity :)

I dont have Nvidia driver's to worry about mine are AMD and Intel ... The whole time I been using AMD on win 8.1 Ive never seen but one driver update for it on windows updates and i done it with no ill effect what so ever, anyways I have factory backup :D

I just updated my windows 8.1 to win 10 with method above it was pretty painless didn't ask for a key or anything :)

freeforever03

I also found that in my Windows Core directory are 2 folders: $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS. The $Windows.~WS folder contains all of the installation files as well as the SetupHost.exe file. According to Windows update, no Windows 10 installation was attempted. However, I did notice that the Windows 10 upgrade icon (in the system tray) is missing.

Navigate to "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" (without the " ") and delete all files/folders there,

after that make sure your Windows update is set to automatically downloading and installing the updates.

Finaly run cmd as administrator and type in: “wuauclt.exe /updatenow” (without " ") if you're not copying text but typing make sure there is a space between .exe and /.

Using this method got me a Windows 10 today, good luck to all!

Installed today, From my GENUINE W8.1, upgrade from Windows Update, installation working flawlessly, and W10 remains activated.

Archived