Windows 10 Upgrade July 29th.

Airstream_Bill

Airstream_Bill

Well I did not belong to any pre release groups for Windows 10. I just had a copy Reserved for whenever Microsoft released it. I just checked my C:/ drive after I told it to SHOW HIDDEN Files and Folders and Windows 10 is already downloaded to my Computer. I guess it will activate at Midnight. Here is picture of the Folders that were Hidden. ??????

Here is where I read that it might already be downloaded to one's Computer.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9055065/windows-10-pre-download-windows-7-windows-8-pcs

XCqA5rV.png

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I used the files to clean install and now have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated.. ^_^

Airstream_Bill

Yes, I used the files to clean install and now have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated.. ^_^

Is the Setup File ,,,,, SetupHost.exe or SetupPlatform.exe ??????

bJI1Z7Xm.png

same here created in july 10, but the \Sources\Install.ESD is modified 5hrs ago, so i try to convert esd to iso because i cannot copy sources folder :'(

same here created in july 10, but the \Sources\Install.ESD is modified 5hrs ago, so i try to convert esd to iso because i cannot copy sources folder :'(

Mine was modified 1 hour ago. I followed the guide at the link you posted and it completed successfully.

Unless the existing copy is genuine, it is better to avoid the reserved path of upgrade — advisable to perform a full, clean install. ;)

done the update on a legit windows 8.1 and run into activation problems!!

Error code: 0xC004F034

maybe there servers are going nuts? Ill keep trying.

Let's make it clear. What version of Windows 10 is finall and official?

Well, I'm running build 10240 upgraded from win8.1 (phone activated) for 4 days now. When I did the upgrade as soon as the Win10 started up it came perma activated with a new serial number, which I immediately wrote down and made a backup.

Then I made a clean install (cuz the upgrade install is terribly bugged) and then used that Win10 serial and it immediately activated my copy from Internet. I've checked if that key could be one of those many trial keys from Insider Program but it's not. I can state it's pretty unique for my hardware ID.

Just one advice: if you have a legit win8.1 copy MAKE THE UPGRADE FIRST, and do the same steps I did. I've seen many people claiming that when they directly made a clean install the Win10 came activated already, but when they checked the key it was a random/trial Insider one (which is easily found on internet websites related to Insider Program).

Cheers!

Archived