november_ra1n

I never used KMS activation before,

If i use KMS activation, can i still update my windows 10 ? or it's blocked by the activation ?

Thank you.

Answered in another topic #783 >>>

• Replies 202
  • Views 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

@novmber_ra1n will Windows 10 have the same MAK keys activation system as Win 8/8.1 ?

Mak Keys Phone activation same as windows 8.1 but different set of Keys.

Akaneharuka

Excuse me ,november_ra1n

Can opabackup342 backup windows 10 and office 2013 licence ? :)

Thank you in advance.

november_ra1n

Excuse me ,november_ra1n

Can opabackup342 backup windows 10 and office 2013 licence ? :)

Thank you in advance.

Yes Opa Backup Compatible with Windows 10 + Office 2013.

Akaneharuka

@november_ra1n

Thank you :)

btw, I don't see windows 10 in OPA back up but I can click windows 8 and office 2013 in OPA backup to backup my windows 10 licence right ? :)

november_ra1n

@november_ra1n

Thank you :)

btw, I don't see windows 10 in OPA back up but I can click windows 8 and office 2013 in OPA backup to backup my windows 10 licence right ? :)

I have personally tested Opa backup and other backup softwares see the post reply there --- Backup / Restore software successfully working on Windows 10 Build 10240 + Office 2013 see post reply #250 >>>

november_ra1n

@novmber_ra1n yes will it be available at any point of time ?

I am sure it will be but cant give you any specific time as i don't know however if and when they are available we will share it with you all.

Error happen when upgrade:

0xC1900101 - 0x20004
The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_RECOVERY_ENVIRONMENT operation

What suppose i do?

november_ra1n

I have permanently activated Windows 8.1 (original), when I run the upgrade process, there is no option to skip the key entry.

There is little skip button somewhere on the left or right down corner on the Windows.

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

^^Above option appears in ISO from MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.10.SINGLELANGUAGE.RTM.10240.X86.OEM.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT

RELEASE DATE: 15/07/09

BUILD: 10240.16384.150709-1700

FILE: 10240.16384.150709-1700.TH1_CLIENTSINGLELANGUAGE_OEM_X86FRE_EN-US.ISO

SIZE: 2,999,791,616 byte

SHA-1: 42D88A9E10747F15059C2F389B47C436BC1DD25C

MD5: DCE5CB714F79AB2094E54F52D28B218D

CRC: 2528EE70 downloaded from link given by November)Ra1n in first post in here there you HAVE to put a key and no skip option,other ISO which is downloaded using Media creation tool has an option to skip keys but in it I get modern setup host error,tried 4 times but same error.

november_ra1n

downloaded from link given by November)Ra1n in first post in here there you HAVE to put a key and no skip option,other ISO which is downloaded using Media creation tool has an option to skip keys but in it I get modern setup host error,tried 4 times but same error.

I am sitting here and guessing your previous edition of Windows is not Single Language..! You need to match your edition the other word if your Windows different than Upgrade 10 then you will be stack in that key side.

Recommendation: if you are not sure your edition better find out and it is lot easier and integrated latest ISO will safe your life ------------- Windows 10 media creation tool

Use the tool above and directly download/upgrade with.

november_ra1n

Did that already November_ra1N but in that iso I get error of modern host!

What Edition Windows 7 or 8/8.1 you have then i will tell you what you need to download send a screenshot of there:

urHUTE.png

Like above I had Windows 8.1 Pro Edition and i download and upgrade Windows 10 Pro or Multiple [Home+ Pro] Edition. You need to match yours too.

blazeblaze456

@November_ra1n, I want to ask you one doubt. Currently on my Laptop, windows 8.1 Pro WMC is running.I don't remember whether is it EN-US or EN-GB? Is there any way to find out whether it is EN-US or EN-GB?

By the way I am using the following link for downloading windows 10:

http://www.anonymz.com/?http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Also,Is it necessary to use the same edition along with the language, such as windows 10 (EN-GB) or Windows 10 (EN-US) matching with my currently running Windows 8.1 Pro WMC OS? I am asking from activation point of view.

november_ra1n

@November_ra1n, I want to ask you one doubt. Currently on my Laptop, windows 8.1 Pro WMC is running.I don't remember whether is it EN-US or EN-GB? Is there any way to find out whether it is EN-US or EN-GB?

By the way I am using the following link for downloading windows 10:

http://www.anonymz.com/?http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Also,Is it necessary to use windows 10 (EN-GB) or Windows 10 (EN-US) may also work? Does it matter? I am asking from activation point of view.

WMC can be Upgradable Windows 10 Pro or Multiple Edition ------------Windows 10 Upgradable Matching Editions & Activation Chart --- see post reply #64 >>>

Find out your previous WMC Language and install accordingly to match.

And how to find which edition I am having? It is Windows 7 Ultimate as far as it is shown in View basic information about your computer(it is activated)And I have downloaded W10 Pro from media creation tool,many used have this problem I have found while googling as they get this modern setup host error after say 10 mins.during installation,sorry to bother you dear November_ra1N

november_ra1n

And how to find which edition I am having? It is Windows 7 Ultimate as far as it is shown in View basic information about your computer(it is activated)

Windows 7 Ultimate goes to Windows 10 Pro Edition. ----------- Windows 10 Upgradable Matching Editions & Activation Chart --- see post reply #64 >>>

Single language is not your Upgradable Edition that's why you are stack in key screen.

Use that tool -------- Windows 10 media creation tool

Download Pro Edition and there is Upgrade click hit that you will be automatically upgrade to Windows 10.

As I said I tried it first and used USB stick to store ISO from media creation tool as I am novice few things I would like to know.

When I booted using USB divice I was asked for two option and I selected Upgrade and then a message came,

Remove your media(USB)and reboot again but in that case set up never started. I again booted from USB to confirm and selected same option>Upgrade but again same remove media msg appeared.

Sorry again troubling you!

november_ra1n

As I said I tried it first and used USB stick to store ISO from media creation tool as I am novice few things I would like to know.

When I booted using USB divice I was asked for two option and I selected Upgrade and then a message came,

Remove your media(USB)and reboot again but in that case set up never started. I again booted from USB to confirm and selected same option>Upgrade but again same remove media msg appeared.

Why don't you download ISO file save in your desktop after that click ISO will be open then hit setup.exe chose upgrade when you are on your desktop.

Setup file will take you boot and carry on installing upgrade automatically. Try that...

OR

Use Rufus most people saying lots easier via usb installation ---- It is a free tool

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Why don't you download ISO file save in your desktop after that click ISO will be open then hit setup.exe chose upgrade when you are on your desktop.

Setup file will take you boot and carry on installing upgrade automatically. Try that...

OR

Use Rufus most people saying lots easier via usb installation ---- It is a free tool

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Used same tool only but that dialog appears-- remove media and........

november_ra1n

Used same tool only but that dialog appears-- remove media and........

Try to upgrade directly after extract ISO file on Windows 7.

1. Use PowerISO>>> or similar software to extract the ISO file if you are on Windows 7

2. After extract the files just hit setup chose upgrade and carry on....

PS: Windows 8.1 unlike Windows 7 extract the file without 3rt party software.

Archived