november_ra1n

Hi Friends:

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 and Office 2013...and I would like to update to Windows 10 10240 (X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro)...please confirm me the steps to get a new Activation Backup:

1. Update to Windows 10 (run setup) from the USB and check Window is activated

2. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Backup for Windows 10 and Office 2013

3. Run a Windows 10 Clean Installation from the USB

4. Install Office 2013

5. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Restore for Windows 10 and Office 2013

Are the steps correct?, What additional steps do you recommend me?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

TecMan

If your Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 activated via KMS Activator after Upgrading 10 you may even be landing permanent activation. Some people shouting out with Kmspico they got permanently activation. If not i suggest to use KMS Comment prompted to activate manually within few lines posted there --------- ## Read the Post reply #14 >>> #

For Office just incase backup your activation before upgrading ----- Some people is experiencing that Office 2013 gets deactivated after Upgrading Windows 10 before you do that backup activation >>>.!

• Replies 202
  • Views 49.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi november_ra1n:

Thanks for your reply. Let me give you the last steps:

0. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Backup for Office 2013 (under Windows 8.1)

1. Update to Windows 10 (run setup) from the USB and check Window is activated
2. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 to re-activate Office 2013, after Windows 10 update
3. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Backup for Windows 10 and Office 2013
4. Run a Windows 10 Clean Installation from the USB
5. Install Office 2013
6. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Restore for Windows 10 and Office 2013

Can you confirm me please?

Thanks for your help.

TecMan

ps: all my keys are retail

november_ra1n

Can you confirm me please?

Thanks for your help.

TecMan

ps: all my keys are retail

If you activate them with Retail keys without KMS Activation after Upgrade you will be landing on Windows 10 permanent activation all the instruction in page #1 >>>

Dont be shy reading it,!

Today I upgraded my laptop. Surprisingly Office 2013 remains activated. I wonder why it doesn't yesterday in my PC. :blink:

Hi Argento Nsaner:

Interesting...and what did you do to re-activate Office 2013 in your PC?

Thanks

TecMan

Same Laptop....

Format, Installed Win 8.1 Pro and activated via Skype NO Updates

Upgrade to Win10 Pro Fully Activated without a key.

Gonna clean Install once the USB is GPT UEFI ready

Hi november_ra1n:

I'm ready to update my PC to Windows 10...just one question:

What is the difference between X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro.img and 10240.16384.150709-1700.TH1_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO?

Are they the same?

I have my Memory USB with X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro.img and I want to have Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Thanks

TecMan

november_ra1n

What is the difference between X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro.img and 10240.16384.150709-1700.TH1_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO?

Are they the same?

I have my Memory USB with X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro.img and I want to have Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Thanks

TecMan

First one OEM Partners Original DVD ISO -- i suggest install that one

Other one latest Upgrade windows update .esd file they both similar.

Are they the same?

Thanks

TecMan

First one OEM Partners Original DVD ISO -- i suggest install that one

Other one latest Upgrade windows update .esd file they both similar.

Aw crap!

How do I know which one I used and I have installed??

This is getting confusing

november_ra1n

How do I know which one I used and I have installed??

This is getting confusing

They are both identical what ever you install is not better or worse than other. No need to be worry about it. However as you successfully activate Windows 10 Official announcement day [29 July 2015] you can clean install coming edition.

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

Other question for a first time are you trying to Upgrade which you should, or trying to clean install which you should now

Go back one step down and choose to skip this step.

I was trying to upgrade. I think I found out what the issue is. It is because I am using Windows 8.1 Pro N. Other people using it were also unable to update. Guess I will have to wait till the 29th.

I have permanently activated Windows 8.1 (original), when I run the upgrade process, there is no option to skip the key entry.

There is little skip button somewhere on the left or right down corner on the Windows.

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

Can you tell me what version of windows 8.1 you're using ? i was facing the same problem when i tried to upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro ISO ( Build 101240 ), lol, and i have to enter the key, but when i tried with Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro ISO, it worked & no key needed

You must be using wrong Windows 10 iso to your Windows 8.1.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it's because I am using 8.1 Pro N. I will have to wait and upgrade from the store.

november_ra1n

Windows 10 Upgradable Matching Editions & Activation Chart:

Previously Activated Windows -----Upgradable Windows 10         Activation Method                    Free Upgrade Offer===========================       =====================         =================                    ==================Windows 7 Enterprise..............Windows 10 Enterprise         KMS & MAK Keys Activation Only       NoWindows 7 Pro Retail/OEM..........Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 7 Pro Volume License......Windows 10 Pro VL             Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 7 Ultimate................Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 7 Home Premium ...........Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 7 Home Basic..............Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS Activation      Yes-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise..........Windows 10 Enterprise         KMS & MAK Keys Activation Only       NoWindows 8/8.1 Enterprise N........Windows 10 Enterprise N       KMS & MAK Keys Activation Only       NoWindows 8/8.1 Pro Retail/OEM......Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Pro N Retail/OEM....Windows 10 Pro N              Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Pro Volume License..Windows 10 Pro VL             Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Pro Volume License..Windows 10 Pro VL N           Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Core Edition........Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Core N Edition......Windows 10 Home N Edition     Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8.1 Core Country Specific.Windows 10 Home Country Spe.  Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 Core Single LanguageWindows 10 Single Language    Both Permanent & KMS Activation      YesWindows 8/8.1 WMC.................Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS Activation      Yes

Notice: Any Retail or OEM Edition can be Upgradable Both Permanent & KMS Activation but any VL Edition inc. Enterprise can only be activated with KMS after Upgrade.
Windows 10 Editions & Comparison Chart --- see post reply #137 >>>

Hi november_ra1n:

Thanks for your recommendation to install Windows 10 Pro and Office 2013...the installation and activation process was great...but...when I opened Word 2013 to click the Recommendation Settings...something wrong...and apprise a message with something wrong with Office Updates...and Windows Updates are not working...

• Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.474.0)

Downloading updates 0%

Update history:

Logitech - WebCam - Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920: Failed install on 7/25/15

Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard: Failed install on 7/25/15

Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard: Failed install on 7/25/15

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074686): Successfully installed on 7/25/15

Not Office Updates

What do you thing?...What do you recommend me to fix the Office Updates problem?

Thanks

TecMan

Probably pointless to ask now since I already selected and an waiting but I'm upgrading from pre-installed 8.1 and selected to keep personal files only. I didn't want the apps on the start screen to carry over. Is this still considered an upgrade and will keep the files, programs and activation and just clear out the settings and start screen apps or is that a problem like doing a clean install that will mess up the activation?

How to Upgrade from Windows 7-8/8.1 or Windows 10 IP to Windows 10 RTM

===========================================================================

****************************************************************************************************************************

1A. Upgrade from The Windows 7-8/8.1 to Windows 10 RTM

======================================================

1. Make sure your Windows has been activated permanently

2. Get the latest Windows 10 .esd or ISO file [Currently Windows 10 10240]

Or Upgrade from Windows Update if and when is available ---- Ref [answers.microsoft]

3. If you decide to Upgrade From ISO file you can either burn and install from Boot menu

or

Simply open ISO file & click to setup exe file to star to Upgrade.

Can I upgrade from window 8 core edition to windows 10 core edition directly then clean install after upgrade to get permanent activation? how about my touch screen driver it will be deleted once I perform a clean install? my lappy is samsung series 5 thank for help

Well looks like it basically did a clean install other than keeping my saved files like music and pics etc . pc stayed activated and in fact never even asked for a key but checks as activated. I've got to go find all the pre-installed software that came with the pc from HP if it will work on 10 and that which I've installed as well

Can I clean install windows 7 if I did not like windows 10?

I mean will windows 10 tweak something to the BIOS ?

Windows 10 Upgradable Matching Editions & Activation Chart:

Previously Activated Windows -----Upgradable Windows 10         Activation Method===========================       =====================         =================Windows 7 Enterprise..............Windows 10 Enterprise         KMS & MAK Keys Activation OnlyWindows 7 Pro Retail/OEM..........Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 7 Pro Volume License......Windows 10 Pro VL             KMS & MAK Keys Activation OnlyWindows 7 Ultimate................Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 7 Home Premium ...........Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 7 Home Basic..............Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS Activation-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise..........Windows 10 Enterprise         KMS & MAK Keys Activation OnlyWindows 8/8.1 Enterprise N........Windows 10 Enterprise N       KMS & MAK Keys Activation OnlyWindows 8/8.1 Pro Retail/OEM......Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8/8.1 Pro N Retail/OEM....Windows 10 Pro N              Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8/8.1 Pro Volume License..Windows 10 Pro VL             KMS & MAK Keys Activation OnlyWindows 8/8.1 Core Edition........Windows 10 Home Edition       Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8/8.1 Core N Edition......Windows 10 Home N Edition     Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8.1 Core Country Specific.Windows 10 Home Country Spe.  Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8/8.1 Core Single LanguageWindows 10 Single Language    Both Permanent & KMS ActivationWindows 8/8.1 WMC.................Windows 10 Pro                Both Permanent & KMS Activation

Notice: Any Retail or OEM Edition can be Upgradable Both Permanent & KMS Activation but any VL Edition inc. Enterprise can only be activated with KMS after Upgrade.

Windows 10 Editions & Comparison Chart --- see post reply #137 >>>

@November_RAin

Great work as always making things very clear with a helping hand

We should all accept now as the table above spells CLEARLY that for now among all the versions

ENTERPRISE is Volume and Not part of the Free Upgrade no matter how curious we are for now only use Pro and Home in our experiment

and stick to kms for activation.

180 days from kms is a lot though not permanent but July 29 is not far.

november_ra1n

Can I upgrade from window 8 core edition to windows 10 core edition directly then clean install after upgrade to get permanent activation? how about my touch screen driver it will be deleted once I perform a clean install? my lappy is samsung series 5 thank for help

Yes that is the way we do.

Can I clean install windows 7 if I did not like windows 10?

I mean will windows 10 tweak something to the BIOS ?

You can always clean install Windows 7 if you did not like Windows 10. I wont think if there will be anything mark in your BIOS.

november_ra1n

Hi november_ra1n:

Thanks for your recommendation to install Windows 10 Pro and Office 2013...the installation and activation process was great...but...when I opened Word 2013 to click the Recommendation Settings...something wrong...and apprise a message with something wrong with Office Updates...and Windows Updates are not working...

• Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.474.0)

Downloading updates 0%

Update history:

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074686): Successfully installed on 7/25/15

Not Office Updates

What do you thing?...What do you recommend me to fix the Office Updates problem?

Thanks

TecMan

When you upgrade some of the drivers may not work.

Best you do go to the manufacture support --- driver download site download and install latest driver they will all work. like i have a Logitech webcam too and i know that manufacture has ever webcam latest download and works with Windows 10.

Some Windows 10 updates takes long time download & install be patient and wait ------

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.474.0)Downloading updates 0%

About office i have mention everywhere before Upgrade you should back up --- Backup Activation Office 2013 activation files and restore them. However if you did not its not end of the life. There is activation keys activate again changing the office keys.

How to change the product key on Microsoft Office 2013

Edit: If your Office 2013 has already activated after Upgrade thats it. How you know Office Updates are not working cause there is not any Office 2013 Update since the first Tuesday of this month!

Possible Fix & Solutions for Office 2013:

Repair an Office application
Troubleshoot and Fix Office 2013 Problems with Repair

Hi November I don't have understand if I can upgrade and active Windows 10 Pro 10240 with my installation of Windows 8.1 Pro that is actived with a WMC retail key.

Thanks

november_ra1n

Hi November I don't have understand if I can upgrade and active Windows 10 Pro 10240 with my installation of Windows 8.1 Pro that is actived with a WMC retail key.

Thanks

Yes you can Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Edition see the Upgradable chart post reply #64 >>>

Also read front page >>> about how to upgrade.

Archived