• Replies 202
  • Views 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Great n thanks clarifying, am confused myself with Insider Preview upgrade n this one =D

If your previous Windows 10 IP Permanently activated with Original key no need to be worry, make sure it is activated in status. -- During upgrading skip any keys you may be asking. Good Luck.

Give us a feedback if you succeeded.

6. If you wish to do CLEAN Installation now is the time. You can use same ISO to do clean installation on PC Boot.

That means that I can upgrade from my W8.1 to W10 then do a clean install and the system will be activated after installation?

november_ra1n

That means that I can upgrade from my W8.1 to W10 then do a clean install and the system will be activated after installation?

You need to Upgrade on permanently activated Windows 7 -8-8.1 first to order to MS recognize your hard drive specifications.

After Upgrade you will be on Activated Windows 10 then you can do clean install as much as you wish to you still will be on activated 10.

software182

I can confirm, I have successfully activated permanently my windows 10 pro upgrading from windows 8.1 pro activated by kmspico.

sounds weird but it's true !

november_ra1n

I can confirm, I have successfully activated permanently my windows 10 pro upgrading from windows 8.1 pro activated by kmspico.

sounds weird but it's true !

It looks except Enterprise Edition all others can be Upgradable to Windows 10 regardless previous Windows activated with leak keys or loader or KMS Activator [at least on kmspico]

With Enterprise still KMS activation working. MS allow to upgrade for a year but in the latest build [10240] it says it is permanent. Let see on 29 July when MS officially release [GA1] if things can be stay same as it is right now? Time will tell the story.!

==================================================================================

Upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 Activated With DAZ Loader to Windows 10 Pro ------ [Confirmed Working] Successfully Landed on Windows 10. : )

Testimonial Screenshots:

SBTN9y.png

geyeG8.png

QPLf7k.png

Hello, will this setup work with a dual boot?

example: 2 versions of Windows 7 on the machine, one is HP other one is PRO. Upgrade the pro version to 10 PRO via DAZ loader. Then once booted into W7 PRO you run the ISO/ESD file and "upgrade" to W10 PRO. Do you know if that will work on a dual boot machine?

Also after the upgrade and if it stays fully activated via DAZ, is it possible to do a clean install or no?

Curious.

Also where to get this ISO/ESD file please?

november_ra1n

Hello, will this setup work with a dual boot?

example: 2 versions of Windows 7 on the machine, one is HP other one is PRO. Upgrade the pro version to 10 PRO via DAZ loader. Then once booted into W7 PRO you run the ISO/ESD file and "upgrade" to W10 PRO. Do you know if that will work on a dual boot machine?

Also after the upgrade and if it stays fully activated via DAZ, is it possible to do a clean install or no?

Curious.

Also where to get this ISO/ESD file please?

I am also on dual boot pretty sure you can upgrade more than one Windows 10 in same PC different partition.

All Language latest Windows 10 .esd [10240] download links are posted in another topic there -->>>

Successfully upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and activated permanently.

IseCOnwC.jpg

What concerns me is that my Office 2013 didn't remained activated.

I have permanently activated Windows 8.1 (original), when I run the upgrade process, there is no option to skip the key entry.

november_ra1n

I have permanently activated Windows 8.1 (original), when I run the upgrade process, there is no option to skip the key entry.

There is little skip button somewhere on the left or right down corner on the Windows.

There is little skip button somewhere on the left or right down corner on the Windows.

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

november_ra1n

• Some people is experiencing that Office 2013 gets deactivated after Upgrading Windows 10 before you do that backup activation >>>.!

• Reminder: Windows 7 Enterprise is Volume License and Windows 10 Upgrade does not apply on any VL Edition. If you still insist VL then you got to activate via KMS >> . !

skynet01dns

Dear november ra1n!

1. win8.1 pro retail activated (by phone) and using local account

2. upgrade to win10 pro still on local account

3. win10 pro permanently activated

And here are the questions

I want to do clean install win 10 (format everything from drive) - still using local account (do not want to use ms account)

- will this work WITHOUT using ms account ?

- do I have to backup win 10 activation before clean install, or ms will see my hardware id and system gets automatically activated ?

Win 8.1 was installed in legacy bios mode so the upgraded win 10 also works in legacy bios mode

- if I want to do clean win 10 install but in uefi mode now will it work?

Thanks

november_ra1n

Dear november ra1n!

1. win8.1 pro retail activated (by phone) and using local account

2. upgrade to win10 pro still on local account

3. win10 pro permanently activated

And here are the questions

I want to do clean install win 10 (format everything from drive) - still using local account (do not want to use ms account)

- will this work WITHOUT using ms account ?

- do I have to backup win 10 activation before clean install, or ms will see my hardware id and system gets automatically activated ?

Win 8.1 was installed in legacy bios mode so the upgraded win 10 also works in legacy bios mode

- if I want to do clean win 10 install but in uefi mode now will it work?

Thanks

As far as i know after you successfully Upgrade you can do clean installation any partition of your hard drive as long as you are not going to try to install another PC or change the hard drive.

--------------------------------------------------------
Changing from legacy bios mode to uefi don't want to give you wrong advice but i suggest search and read ---- :rtfaq:
Converting from bios (legacy) to uefi - How?

Interesting. I also did an update from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with a mac-key. I get the key in picture after windows 10 is installed but according to the PID checker it is blocked.

• People activated Windows 8.1 Via Mak key after upgrade get that key but retail activated get generic key below --- do not ask me why.!

Even more interesting if you clean install again that key will change to:

Windows 10 RTM Pro Retail key [generic key]:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

JG5oXf.gif

Big mistake.... so my windows 10 Home that was activated via upgrade..... I went over and used this key to upgrade to the PRO version of Windows 10, the upgrade went throght and now I have Win10 PRO but I cant activate... I will reformat and do a cleant Windows 10 instalation.

UPDATE,

After a clean install, Windows 10 Home was activated without any key.

november_ra1n

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

Other question for a first time are you trying to Upgrade which you should, or trying to clean install which you should now

Go back one step down and choose to skip this step.

software182

This is all I get

E745VDQ.png

Can you tell me what version of windows 8.1 you're using ? i was facing the same problem when i tried to upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro ISO ( Build 101240 ), lol, and i have to enter the key, but when i tried with Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro ISO, it worked & no key needed

You must be using wrong Windows 10 iso to your Windows 8.1.

• Some people is experiencing that Office 2013 gets deactivated after Upgrading Windows 10 before you do that backup activation >>>.!

It was not a big deal to me. I activated Office again with Skype.

The only backup I had was with ATM and didn't try to restore in case it do a mess with Windows 10 activation.

november_ra1n

It was not a big deal to me. I activated Office again with Skype.

The only backup I had was with ATM and didn't try to restore in case it do a mess with Windows 10 activation.

ATM currently is not working on Windows 10 as i have mentioned on the front page. I had to worn people cause it is going to cast me 100 s exstra Confirmation ID request next coming days ..

Since i was testing all backup softwares more solid and success rate is ---- Backup activation via MSActBackUp >>

As far as i know after you successfully Upgrade you can do clean installation any partition of your hard drive as long as you are not going to try to install another PC or change the hard drive.

In other forum an user assure that even changing the hard drive the system remains activated.

november_ra1n

ther forum an user assure that even changing the hard drive the system remains activated.

If this is the case it is even better, MS probably store the info mainly from PC Bios rather than hard drive cause they must have something about the PC Identity for them to recognise.

Hi Friends:

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 and Office 2013...and I would like to update to Windows 10 10240 (X20-08980_SW_DVD5_NTRL_Win_10_64BIT_English_Win_Pro)...please confirm me the steps to get a new Activation Backup:

1. Update to Windows 10 (run setup) from the USB and check Window is activated
2. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Backup for Windows 10 and Office 2013
3. Run a Windows 10 Clean Installation from the USB
4. Install Office 2013
5. Run Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 and get Activation Restore for Windows 10 and Office 2013

Are the steps correct?, What additional steps do you recommend me?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

TecMan

Archived