How Many iPhones Will Stop a Bullet?

The Owl

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airstream_Bill

Ha Ha! Wild, Does look like the right thing to do with an Apple product to me though.

Ha Ha! Wild, Does look like the right thing to do with an Apple product to me though.

A single Ericsson from last century would bounce the bullet back to strike the gunman. :P

software182

A single Ericsson from last century would bounce the bullet back to strike the gunman. :P

you meant this legendary one ? :p

T1dcWXXkVaXXaI78Db_094806.jpg

The most worrying thing about this video is that this clown actually has access to an AK47. God help us ll. :( :( :(

you meant this legendary one ? :P

T1dcWXXkVaXXaI78Db_094806.jpg

was the owner of R310 -same colour as on picture .it's really a G-Shock between cell phones, but some day i forgot it my gf's house & when smbody called me-gf's dobermann heard it & bited it.speakerphon & display was dead. i love dogs but was almost ready to bite the dobermann by myself :D

The most worrying thing about this video is that this clown actually has access to an AK47. God help us ll. :( :( :(

I don't think that's a big deal in there. people don't even have mercy to other races let alone to cellphones.

I don't think that's a big deal in there. people don't even have mercy to other races let alone to cellphones.

do you not think that funky has a valid point? it is because of that that the US has so many Gun mass murders

It's not a question of which race has or hasn't had mercy on other races. You can write a long list of countries that have treated other countries badly throughout all of history. The question is "Should guns really be easily accessible to everyone?". In Britain we have always had tight control over gun ownership, yet even so about 17-18 years ago we had a gun club lunatic in Scotland who killed 16 primary schoolkids and a teacher. The then government tightened the law even further. Now all members of gun clubs must not only be licensed by the police (as before), but must store all guns in the gun club premises. The guns must be locked in one steel safe embedded in the concrete floor and the firing pin/mechanism must be locked in another steel container. No-one is permitted a gun at home. The few exceptions are specially trained police and farmers who are allowed a shotgun...but only with a powder-like ammo simply for scaring off birds etc.

We know that hardened criminals will always find a way to get a gun, that's why we have special armed police to deal with those cases...but we definitely don't want every angry, unstable, crackpot being able to buy one over the counter or by mail order like you buy a DVD. It's a recipe for disaster as has been proven time and time again by the many school shootings in the USA. An angry man without a gun is much more preferrable to an angry man with a gun...and lets be honest now, every single one of us has been angry at some time or another!! My God, the famous Jacques Cousteau was shot dead by a neighbour during an argument about a garden hose!!!

Guns are for trained professionals, army or law enforcement. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree. :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:

why disagree as a ex special forces member that is sniper trained who has used his skills I totally agree with you, I used to do a 6 inch group with ten rounds at 1000 yds or metres at 800 could do a 3 inch on a good day could do a "Combat shoot" with a 9mm browning on a 25 metre range in 6.5 seconds. and I totally disapprove of the average "joe" having access to weapons most "None trained" do not have the slightest idea of weapons handling and to be honest are probably as dangerous to themselves as they are to anyone else, and the amount of IDIOTS that leave guns laying around so their kids can find them and kill themselves or their siblings is simply unbelievable, and most military and police personnel that handle weapons do at least have a "mental suitability test" somewhere along the way

but... but can't we put all the iPhones in the world in a row and see how many bullets it takes to destroy them all?

It's not a question of which race has or hasn't had mercy on other races. You can write a long list of countries that have treated other countries badly throughout all of history. The question is "Should guns really be easily accessible to everyone?". In Britain we have always had tight control over gun ownership, yet even so about 17-18 years ago we had a gun club lunatic in Scotland who killed 16 primary schoolkids and a teacher. The then government tightened the law even further. Now all members of gun clubs must not only be licensed by the police (as before), but must store all guns in the gun club premises. The guns must be locked in one steel safe embedded in the concrete floor and the firing pin/mechanism must be locked in another steel container. No-one is permitted a gun at home. The few exceptions are specially trained police and farmers who are allowed a shotgun...but only with a powder-like ammo simply for scaring off birds etc.

We know that hardened criminals will always find a way to get a gun, that's why we have special armed police to deal with those cases...but we definitely don't want every angry, unstable, crackpot being able to buy one over the counter or by mail order like you buy a DVD. It's a recipe for disaster as has been proven time and time again by the many school shootings in the USA. An angry man without a gun is much more preferrable to an angry man with a gun...and lets be honest now, every single one of us has been angry at some time or another!! My God, the famous Jacques Cousteau was shot dead by a neighbour during an argument about a garden hose!!!

Guns are for trained professionals, army or law enforcement. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree. :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:

problem with tha reasoning is that you assume only fire arms are able to kill people. if "angry, unstable crackpot" No.1 can't find a gun, they will use a machete, or a bat, or a fucking broad sword!. you don't reduce the likelyhood of murders by disarming people. if anything you reduce the likelyhood of someone else stopping the murderer by themselves without having to wait for "the authorized personell" to come take care of the situation...that could take minutes, or hours. trusting "the system" to safeguard your life and the lives of the people you love is not very smart. even if the system was crystal clear in it's workings. what if the system turns on you? have you seen the news lately? policemen killing unarmed innocent people because they were "walking menacingly"? because they started running the other way,etc. in other places law enforcement is more like a mafia. so you choose to trust them with your life. good luck

see this (WARNING: AUDIO ONLY BUT VERY STRONG)

this would have not ended in such a tragic way if someone would have had a gun right there instead of waiting for the police to arrive. btw, the murderer didn't use a firearm.

problem with tha reasoning is that you assume only fire arms are able to kill people. if "angry, unstable crackpot" No.1 can't find a gun, they will use a machete, or a bat, or a fucking broad sword!. you don't reduce the likelyhood of murders by disarming people. if anything you reduce the likelyhood of someone else stopping the murderer by themselves without having to wait for "the authorized personell" to come take care of the situation...that could take minutes, or hours. trusting "the system" to safeguard your life and the lives of the people you love is not very smart. even if the system was crystal clear in it's workings. what if the system turns on you? have you seen the news lately? policemen killing unarmed innocent people because they were "walking menacingly"? because they started running the other way,etc. in other places law enforcement is more like a mafia. so you choose to trust them with your life. good luck

That's exactly the reason for that. everyone might do the same. you see your angry, unstable neighbor with an illegal gun. you know that's illegal but your neighbor somehow managed to get it so to keep yourself or your family safe against them you have to get one too, even from illegal sources. that way the amount of armed citizens will increase and things you hear on the news will be inevitable.

And these guys forgot how many underpaid men that would take to assemble those phones, not to mention those who tried to suicide, just to see their work: assembled phones blasted by guns. I can clearly imagine those men would weep silently seeing their works aren't being appreciated.

VileTouch, I understand what you're saying and much of it is true. But I'm not saying that stricter gun control would eliminate murders...as you say, someone who is intent on killing will find a weapon to do it. I am NOT assuming that only guns kill people!!! But you have to admit, if some guy is shouting and bawling in anger at another person it's so obvious that in the middle of all that red mist he might pull out his gun, fire and then instantly realize what he has done in that moment of lost control. I know that there are police officers who have shot people in extremely unjustifiable circumstances and that is a separate issue from the broader point that I have tried to make. If those sickos in Columbine, for example, had only access to machetes, do you think they would have been able to kill so many kids? Guns kill in an instant, from a distance and with multiple victims in a few moments.

I don't think comparing guns to other weapons like knives, baseball bats etc is a well founded argument. I am not trying to make the USA change, it's too late for that due to them having grown up in a gun toting society. I am just saying that we who live in other countries should never want to emulate that part of the USA 's society. God bless the USA anyway. :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:

VileTouch, I understand what you're saying and much of it is true. But I'm not saying that stricter gun control would eliminate murders...as you say, someone who is intent on killing will find a weapon to do it. I am NOT assuming that only guns kill people!!! But you have to admit, if some guy is shouting and bawling in anger at another person it's so obvious that in the middle of all that red mist he might pull out his gun, fire and then instantly realize what he has done in that moment of lost control. I know that there are police officers who have shot people in extremely unjustifiable circumstances and that is a separate issue from the broader point that I have tried to make. If those sickos in Columbine, for example, had only access to machetes, do you think they would have been able to kill so many kids? Guns kill in an instant, from a distance and with multiple victims in a few moments.

I don't think comparing guns to other weapons like knives, baseball bats etc is a well founded argument. I am not trying to make the USA change, it's too late for that due to them having grown up in a gun toting society. I am just saying that we who live in other countries should never want to emulate that part of the USA 's society. God bless the USA anyway. :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:

some good points but i would point out to you that the root problem with all the murders in the usa is not the fact that guns are so easily obtained ((easy to get guns just means the body count is higher when some nutcase goes off the deep end)) the root cause is there is for a multitude of reasons a lot of people running around already with a lit fuse and they happen to have a gun

The city i live in Canada is quite small less than 300 hundred thousand...almost all the murders in my city are gang related and in a 50 block radius in one the most poor areas(where 99% of the gang activities take place)and the gun violence is small.. it is mostly knives being used...in fact when someone there wishes to "commit suicide by cop" they have been known to not come at cops with a gun drawn but come at cops in a confines space with at least one knife duck taped to their hand or both hands

Archived