Bearded Lady Harnaam Kaur Is a Bridal Model Aiming to Redefine Beauty - Video

Karamjit

24-year-old has POS, excessive body hair

As more and more women are rebelling against “standard” ideals of beauty that imply the removal of all bodily hair, mostly by posting photos of themselves with hairy armpits and legs, one lady leads the pack. Her name is Harnaam Kaur, she is 25, and she has a beard, and lots of black hair on her chest, arms and legs.

Harnaam has Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which causes severe hormonal imbalances. Her hair started to grow when she was 11 and she struggled until she was 16 to fit in by having it removed through a variety of more or less painful methods.

Today, she’s embracing it. She has found beauty inside herself and she hopes others will see it too.

“I love my beard, my stretch marks and my scars”

This isn’t the first time Harnaam is making headlines, but it’s definitely a first that she’s a bridal model. She recently took part in a bridal shoot, with photos she released on social media going viral immediately.

In a context in which different is no longer something to be ashamed of, her confidence and strength are making her into a role model for all those who feel as if they don’t belong, even if they don’t share her unique appearance.

Harnaam is also a vocal anti-bullying campaigner, having experienced the negative effects of bullying herself. As a teen, she used to self-harm and even attempted suicide.

Today, her scars, along with her “lady beard” and bodily hair, represent what she might call battle scars: the signs that she’s a survivor, that she’s strong and overcame this obstacle that life threw her way.

“I have now fallen in love with the elements on my body that people may call ‘flaws’,” she says. “I love my beard, my stretch marks, and my scars. These elements make me who I am, they make me whole, they make me complete.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

There’s an old saying about how “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” which means that one may be beautiful to one person might be ugly to another.

For Harnaam, beauty comes from inside and is independent of what the beholder thinks of her. She has had years of experiencing mostly abuse from said beholder to know that it does not define her worth as a woman, and not even her beauty.

It seems that others believe so too, since she was asked to model bridal gowns and has many supporters who find her story an inspiring one.

To them, she is beautiful. To them, she’s already redefined what “beauty” means

See Video At Source Page

• Replies 4
  • Views 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and I am spoiled rotten from the old school... :wtf: :lol:

As more and more women are rebelling against “standard” ideals of beauty that imply the removal of all bodily hair, mostly by posting photos of themselves with hairy armpits and legs

The opposite is happening. More and more women will remove bodily hair. It's simple. Beauty is an advantage.

She recently took part in a bridal shoot, with photos she released on social media going viral immediately.

The interest is there, because she is a freak of nature, like other examples from the past. She may think of herself whatever she wants, but we don't live in a fairy tale world. Like humble3d said: the eye of the beholder does define beauty. Not many guys will hope for a date.

Archived