Software to monitor hidden download links ?

broascadilie

broascadilie

Hi guys.So i have this simple question but first i want to say this.There are a lot of programs that have their own download managers things like a small executable wich downloads thier big setup file.

Is there any software out there that can see and monitor these hidden download links ? Maybe i want to keep that big setup file wich i dont know where it's downloaded.

Any help would be greatly aprecciated.Thanks :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

i can make something like this but it will act like a virus so i not post things like this

ps i am not 100% sure on what u want ?

Download fiddler and lunch your setup, then you'll see which file(s) are being downloaded so you can download them yourself and keep them for later use.

broascadilie

i can make something like this but it will act like a virus so i not post things like this

Let me give u an example.

Bitdefender and some other AV's give the option the download a small executable file.U run that file and first thru that file it downloads the setup files so u can install the AV but u cannot see the download link in any way and i want to know the download adress.

knowledge-Spammer

Let me give u an example.

Bitdefender and some other AV's give the option the download a small executable file.U run that file and first thru that file it downloads the setup files so u can install the AV but u cannot see the download link in any way and i want to know the download adress.

i think it can be made easy i may not be the best for this as my may flag as virus or something like that but i like what u thinking

may be u can give me more info inbox may be if i have time i can try and help if u not get what u want from peoples comments

Download fiddler and lunch your setup, then you'll see which file(s) are being downloaded so you can download them yourself and keep them for later use.

Use fiddler I agree. This is what your looking for..

Yeah fiddler helps me get those 3ds games link from crappy online downloaders :showoff:

Usually whenever a stub installer (online setup) is executed, u can view it's core files through the Task Manager > Open file location.
Most likely one of those files contains the offline package links... use a text viewer.

Or u can wait for it to finish the download and open the file location of the offline package when it runs... grab it from there (these will be deleted when the setup is done in most cases).

Some stub installers are downloading the main setup files separately though (the extracted offline package)... u need to get the offline package link from somewhere else if available.

(BitDefender offline setup links: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-install-bitdefender-2015-using-the-offline-installation-kit-1330.html)

Archived