Aliens are out there and Area 51 is real

humble3d

Aliens are out there and Area 51 is real
We will one day find aliens, but they’re not in Area 51, the head of Nasa has said.
There are so many other planets that “we're going to find...evidence that there is life elsewhere in the universe”, Nasa administrator Major Charles Frank Bolden Jr told school children on Sky News.
Asked by 10-year-old Carmen Dearing on the channel’s Hot Seat programme, he said: "I do believe that we will someday find other forms of life or a form of life, if not in our solar system then in some of the other solar systems - the billions of solar systems in the universe.
“Today we know that there are literally thousands, if not millions of other planets, many of which may be very similar to our own earth. So some of us, many of us believe that we're going to find… evidence that there is life elsewhere in the universe."
Admitting that there was an Area 51 — the highly-confidential US government site that has often been rumoured to hide away secret aliens and their space ships — Bolden said that it’s “not what many think”.
“I’ve been to a place called that but it’s a normal research and development place,” he said. “I never saw any aliens or alien spacecraft or anything when I was there.
“I think because of the secrecy of the aeronautics research that goes on there it’s ripe for people to talk about aliens being there.”
"I do believe that we will someday find other forms of life or a form of life, if not in our solar system then in some of the other solar systems - the billions of solar systems in the universe.”
--MORE--
We will have definitive evidence of alien life in 20 years, Nasa chief scientist believes
The discovery of extra-terrestrial life, probably the most exciting event in human history, may well take place within most of our lifetimes, a high-ranking Nasa scientist has predicted.
"I think we're going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we're going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years," Nasa chief scientist Ellen Stofan said on Tuesday, during a panel discussion focusing on the space agency's search for habitable environments outside of Earth.
"We know where to look. We know how to look," Stofan added, "In most cases we have the technology, and we're on a path to implementing it. And so I think we're definitely on the road."
Nasa believes such discoveries could happen so soon as they will not take place in deep space but in our own solar system and others in the Milky Way.
Sharing Stofan's optimism, associate administrator for Nasa's Science Mission Directorate John Grunsfeld said: "I think we're one generation away in our solar system, whether it's on an icy moon or on Mars, and one generation [away] on a planet around a nearby star."
If life, in whatever form it takes, is found in orbit of the Sun, it could well be on Jupiter's moons Europa and Ganymede or Saturn's satellite Enceladus, which hold seas beneath their icy surfaces.
The Milky Way is "a soggy place," Paul Hertz, director of Nasa's Astrophysics Division, explained.
"We can see water in the interstellar clouds from which planetary systems and stellar systems form.
"We can see water in the disks of debris that are going to become planetary systems around other stars, and we can even see comets being dissipated in other solar systems as [their] star evaporates them."
These estimates don't even take into account the fact that alien life may be able to prosper in conditions different to those required by humans, e.g without need for water.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an awfully big universe if we're the only ones in it.

Archived