Reviews on Windows 10 (from nsaners point of view)

geeteam

It looks like am the only one who updated or have been updating to Windows insider preview builds. I feel am left alone, I wanna know what you guys also think about Windows 10 insider preview builds. What has changed, the improvements and changes involved in these updates. I know MS has been releasing changelogs in each builds, but I just wanna know what nsaners think about Windows 10 in general. Issues encountered during installations, usage and others.

With RTM getting closer and closer, are we ready for Windows 10?

Your comments are warmly welcome . . . #Windows10

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry dude I am still @windoze7 x64. I personally feel that the newer the OS the less secure it "really" is. I mean come on with the whole NSA thing!!!! I believe that anyone who thinks that they (NSA) hasnt infiltrated or partnered with MS is just fooling themselves. I just hope that keeping my copy of 7 up to date hasnt compromised my security. Call me paranoid if you will but thats how I feel.

Sorry dude: I feel that I kinda hijacked your thread. That was not my intention. I am sure someone here will soon reply with a more on-topic response. :sorry:

I just hope that keeping my copy of 7 up to date hasnt compromised my security. Call me paranoid if you will but thats how I feel.

u r not paranoid man but too naive though.d'u think it will be possible to stay away from NSA wardship with future updates even on win 7? do not think so.

anyway pretty much smart ppl here (& not only here) for find a way how to f**k the system ;) .so better to try & sorry after than be sorry without a try.

all above imo of cource.

Same here. I don't, and never have, used "preview" or "beta" OS's. Even a freshly installed OS is going to be insecure, to a point.

The majority of people like me dont like windows 8 or 10 or the next windows (probable Windows planet x) Simply put dont like what's happening at Microsoft anymore.

If they came to there senses, we probably gotten Windows 7 sp3 by now compatibly issues solves

It is too early days to be reviewing Windows 10 - gotta wait for it to get RTM.

Having used a couple of Previews though, was able to pimp them quite close to my existing Windows 8.1 Update 3 - however, found the security-levels to be higher making it more difficult to theme to my usual standards.

Knowing Microsoft, won't be surprised to find huge differences in the final release, as is their trend - trying to pass judgement at this hour would just be speculating.

One interesting observation is that when Windows 8 was released, there was this mass outcry and passionate protests against ModernUI (then - Metro.)

However, the impending Windows 10 has not evoked emotions of that magnitude - by and large, most folks seem to have finally resigned to the fact that the Aero saga is never gonna be promoted by Microsoft, ever (some Peeps though, still wait earnestly for the abandoned Windows 7 visuals to somehow make a comeback - they waited through Windows 8 and then the 8.1 series.)

One interesting observation is that when Windows 8 was released, there was this mass outcry and passionate protests against ModernUI (then - Metro.)

However, the impending Windows 10 has not evoked emotions of that magnitude - by and large, most folks seem to have finally resigned to the fact that the Aero saga is never gonna be promoted by Microsoft, ever (some Peeps though, still wait earnestly for the abandoned Windows 7 visuals to somehow make a comeback - they waited through Windows 8 and then the 8.1 series.)

I run Win 7 and 8 on different systems. And will happily take an Aero theme on Win 10, either from Microsoft or a 3rd party.

Less emotions about Windows 10 no doubt has to do with the return of the Start menu and other user friendly improvements. They may have listened to user wishes this time. But Microsoft has in the past been good for unpleasant surprises at the start of a new OS. XP was rewritten for a large part at the release of servicepack3.

I skipped Win8, until 8.1 came knocking already installed, but will go for Windows 10 now, because Windows 7 is starting to get old (doesn't recognize big hard drives without tinkering, the MBR is yesterdays news, etc.).

@geeteam It's good work to test an early version. :) I don't have time to do it for Windows.

thunderpants

I installed it on a 30gb partition just to have a look.

I then installed classic shell 4.2.2. to get rid of the apps screen/start menu thing and to get an explorer more like the WinXP explorer.(u have to use the F11 key to get the old explorer functions at the top)

It seems to run really well on an old dell e520 with 4gb memory.

I was even playing Watchdogs with out any probs. and considering i have an AMD 5450 graphics card i was surprised at how well the game ran.

The only only problem i have is the forced updating ,though i've heard their is a workaround to stop that.

I've also heard a lot of people saying it's the most spyware ridden O.S. they've ever seen ,i think they meant Microsoft funneling your system data to their servers rather than actual malware.

I'll wait until people have figured out how to lock it down from sending data to microsoft ,if that's possible .

Maybe then i'd consider using it as an everyday O.S., until then i'll stick with win7.

I noticed there's some dodgy updates being sneaked into win 7 updates (KB3035583 & KB2952664) preping for win 10.

Sorry guys,

I think most you are going off topic. This is not the reason why this thread was created.

I was looking out for your views to those who have been testing out Windows preview builds till now.

avinash_44

Certainly the best Windows ever I have on Machine

I am saying it on the perspective of my old legacy hardware laptop

Its Core 2 Duo, 4gb Ram with no Gpu , (only igp) and it has some Hard disk error also

Earlier I was testing Win 10 build 122 and 130 ,,and not so satisfied with that but that was okay since I know ,,this new Windows ae developed taking into consideration newer or popular hardware although they support old one but only support ,,,not optimized from them

I had an average of 10-15 apps crashes old Win shell Experience crashes per day . I used to check this on by seeing my Computer status. I was very much assured that no way Micorsoft going to launch stable Win 10 on 29th july ,,

But then I installed build 162 ..... and Man ,,,, this night and Day difference ,,,,, this going all like butter smooth ,,, Each new app .,. every Windows animation ,,,, is super smooth and its looks like they have massively polished core OS ,,,, little bit bug like search box not working ..like that.

But afterall its still unfinished and things will improve more ..

I specially liking new transparency and blur effect ,, like when u click on Time at taskbar ,, how cool that effect is in popup box

Even with this old hardware and with generic drivers only machine ,,, everything lookin like its turbocharged ,, I only can Imagine what it w'ld be like on i5/i7 machine

Browser is awesome ,,, as well as new apps with more features ,,

Now I am totally confident ,,, come 29th ,,and we will witness the Best Windows ever in Mankind history (.I Know .that was way too mcuh)

running alongside win 8.1 pro,

started with 10159

upgraded to 10162

trying out usual softwares..

uninstall eset taking lots of time....

looks ok

Archived