Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.8.1057

anuraag

november_ra1n

I do not think I will install it. I would just uninstall it after it said my system was clean.

Use the Portable one no need to install anything i only use on demand scan time to time.

Be honest MB does not find anything in my PC.

• Replies 180
  • Views 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think I will install it. I would just uninstall it after it said my system was clean.

Use the Portable one no need to install anything i only use on demand scan time to time.

Be honest MB does not find anything in my PC.

It doesn't find much at all these days except mostly harmless PUPs.

I have a reg-key (in regedit), for protecting my homepage in IE11.

mbam always want to remove this reg-key, its apperently not possible to add this item on the ignore- list ( how to do ??)

So after every scan you have to allow ( ignore ) this item, or it will be removed.......

In the 1.75-version you can easily add this reg-items also !

Same, here. Only, on-Demand use; :yes: no more on Real-Time use. :uhuh:

Yes, november is right, this prog never finds anything ,its weee too bloated and the ignore-list is hard to handle also .

btw; does this portable makes reg-keys into your regedit, after using it ??

What a pitty for 60MB of disk-space........

november_ra1n

btw; does this portable makes reg-keys into your regedit, after using it ??

No need to insert any reg key or anything Portable MB is already activated Unlimited time itself ---- #20 >>>

Edit: Not sure if it creates anything in registry..

For all those who blame Malwarebytes Anti-Malware because it did not find infected files in their PCs...

You guys, are you sure that there are infected files in your PCs, or, you want MBAM to find ”malware” in a clean PC, just to make you happy that it found something?

For all those who blame Malwarebytes Anti-Malware because it did not find infected files in their PCs...

You guys, are you sure that there are infected files in your PCs, or, you want MBAM to find ”malware” in a clean PC, just to make you happy that it found something?

I remove malware from people's computers regularly, and I can run MBAM, and it finds nothing of any significance, then I can run AdwCleaner or Junkware Removal Tool (JRT), and they detect and remove the offending malware.

MBAM has lost its way.

I remove malware from people's computers regularly, and I can run MBAM, and it finds nothing of any significance, then I can run AdwCleaner or Junkware Removal Tool (JRT), and they detect and remove the offending malware.

MBAM has lost its way.

Stig,

I just wanted to point out that, if a PC is clean, no matter the program you scan with, the result always must be the same: nothing found.

Unlike JRT, MBAM doesn't auto remove malware, it shows you what it has detected then you choose which things to remove. I suspect that once JRT has been integrated it will behave like that so we will be able to opt-out of removing things that are ok.

MBAM has lost its way.

JRT has been bought out by MalwareBytes, it is going to be integrated into MBAM so within the next year you won't need to use that tool any more. When i had a bad malware infection a year ago MBAM, adwcleaner, kaspersky and other software were able to find malware that the other couldn't. There are no anti-malware programs that will remove everything every time.

After finishing the on-Demand scan with your portable MBAM, and then after rebooting the system - do you guys find the MBAM service/s running . . . . . . . when your portable is no longer on RealTime? :think:

Unlike JRT, MBAM doesn't auto remove malware, it shows you what it has detected then you choose which things to remove. I suspect that once JRT has been integrated it will behave like that so we will be able to opt-out of removing things that are ok.

MBAM has lost its way.

JRT has been bought out by MalwareBytes.

Yes, I know. Maybe it won't be a lame duck in the future. :rolleyes:

After finishing the on-Demand scan with your portable MBAM, and then after rebooting the system - do you guys find the MBAM service/s running . . . . . . . when your portable is no longer on RealTime? :think:

dcs18,

Started on-Demand scan with MBAM portable -> Exit MBAM from taskbar -> Reboot PC -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services... No MBAM Services running.

and if u remove master.conf from C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the program is dead but i talk to malwarebytes team about bugs i see

they say its not a bug but i think it need to be fixed

Can't be deleted on my system.

t8EQj8n.png

november_ra1n

dcs18 -- I have notice Real Time protection disable in this portable, i have mentioned that does not bother me i only use MB on demand scanning, for real protection Anti-Virus software running and i do not want 2 software eating my memory and slowing down for my computer and trying to do same job at the same time. I have never believed MB is the best option out there for Real Protection.

so which one is better this one or eset ?

They are different kind of tools. ESET is the kind of tool (AV) you must be running all the time in real time.

Use the free version of Malwarebytes (or a portable) every two weeks and you'll be ok.

Don't use Malwarebytes along with an antivirus (both monitoring your system in real time). It may even work, but you'll be asking for trouble.

Ballistic Gelatin

^^^

I respectfully disagree.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus runs harmoniously with Malwarebytes on my system.

They are different kind of tools. ESET is the kind of tool (AV) you must be running all the time in real time.

Use the free version of Malwarebytes (or a portable) every two weeks and you'll be ok.

Don't use Malwarebytes along with an antivirus (both monitoring your system in real time). It may even work, but you'll be asking for trouble.

NOT TRUE; AV + Malwarebytes is a perfect combination even with Malwarebytes real-time protection enabled

I run Malwarebytes in real time as well as Windows Defender.

What trouble do you think I may encounter?

NOT TRUE; AV + Malwarebytes is a perfect combination even with Malwarebytes real-time protection enabled

Which part is not true: "it may even work" or "you'll be asking for trouble"?

If it's working for you, keep it that way.

I run Malwarebytes in real time as well as Windows Defender.

What trouble do you think I may encounter?

Sluggishness? Beside Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, do you run also a AV in real time?

Which part is not true: "it may even work" or "you'll be asking for trouble"?

Malwarebytes is compatible with MOST AV packages: http://info.malwarebytes.org/acton/attachment/8327/u-0010/0/-/-/-/-/

Sluggishness? Beside Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, do you run also a AV in real time?

-it's well-known and advised NOT to run 2 AV solutions together (if you want to use 3rd party AV make sure to disable Windows Defender)

-Sluggishness: hardly noticeable on modern systems with minimum of 4GB memory. Old systems with less memory + old CPU (single or dual core) become sluggish ofcourse so it's not a good idea enabling Malwarebytes real-time protection on those old systems.

stick to the facts and produce proof!

Archived