Apps

Polski Site

Russian Site

Translate English

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a kickass site I have downloaded some of the portable programs. Thank you for posting this..

Be careful with unknown portable things. I've studied them quite some time now, and can not deny it - the majority of them are - either not recommended or are downright malicious.
I do not know, if the reason is vanity or folly. Or both.

Before I install them Ill scan them I always do this. Before I downloaded I thought to myself some of them may be malicious..

Be careful with unknown portable things. I've studied them quite some time now, and can not deny it - the majority of them are - either not recommended or are downright malicious.

I do not know, if the reason is vanity or folly. Or both.

I must disagree with your statement. Almost all apps I use is portable (beside few which have to be installed like firewall) and I use it for years now. Very few was suspicious/malicious so far and if you do like Holmes wrote then there is save to use it.

Almost all portable apps is from "unknown" source because its homemade by some clever people which not work at the company which made app in first place. Most official apps which is from "known" sources is installable and not portable. And we can wonder why is installable if it can run as portable? Probably is more unsafe to install an app today than use a portable one.

But this is my opinion and I respect your opinion too even if I disagree with you :D

as we all know you're nsaners are not newbie right?
for me Portable Apps more Handy [No Need to Install] and the important things it's not writing in windows registry.

You can check Malware etc by online..and good to go.

https://www.metascan-online.com/#scan-file

https://www.virustotal.com/

• 1 month later...

Archived