Video shows all of Quentin Tarantino’s subtle allusions to classic movies

Reefa

One of the things that makes Quentin Tarantino a great director is just how much he loves watching and absorbing other movies whether they’re old westerns, gangster movies or campy horror flicks. Tarantino also puts subtle allusions to older films in many of his movies and YouTube user Jacob T. Swinney has put together a compilation showing us just how often Tarantino tips his cap to films released long ago.

In all, Swinney spotted allusions to 34 different films in Tarantino’s movies, including nods to classic movies such as Psycho, The Graduate, 8 1/2 and Gone With the Wind. Other films Tarantino alludes to aren’t quite masterpieces, of course, as Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell is never going to make anyone’s list of the greatest movies ever made.

Nonetheless, the video does an excellent job of showing us Tarantino’s vast catalog of inspirations. Check it out below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9wGUvw0MQ

bgr.com

• Replies 1
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen some of his movies, but what always comes to my mind when I see Quentin Tarantino's name pop up, is the 2010 Venice film festival. Tarantino led the jury that year to award the 'Golden Lion' for the best film. And he had noticed that Sofia Coppola was amongst the contenders with her movie "Somewhere".

Now, ugly Tarantino had a major case of the hots for Sofia. No doubt he imagined himself being invited by the great Francis Ford himself at his mansion and all the sweet things following that. Smart Quentin decided to make it happen and to bring together what belonged together in his mind.
Surprise!
Sofia won the 'Golden Lion' and the big moment was about to come. The leader of the jury had the small task to hand her the prize personally and therefore would have an opportunity to kiss Sofia! It was all planned and Tarantino attempted his best bear hug performance. But he had not taken Sofia's opinion into account. I have never seen such an elegant dive to avoid someone's arms on stage and snatch the award in one go. The moment had passed before Tarantino realized what had happened to him.

Archived