Quadruplets Born to 65-Year-Old Woman in Germany

Karamjit

The woman has 13 other children, also 7 grandchildren

Over the weekend, a 65-year-old woman in Germany gave birth to quadruplets. The newborns, three boys and a girl, were delivered via cesarean section in her 26th week of pregnancy.

Although born prematurely, the quadruplets are said to be in good health. The medical experts who delivered them have not yet ruled out possible health trouble due to their early birth, but say that they all have good chances of survival.

As for the 65-year-old mother, named Annegret Raunigk, it appears that she too is doing well. In fact, her doctors claim that she is out of the woods and should recover just fine from the strain of carrying the quadruplets and delivering them.

Reports say that the baby girl delivered by pensioner Annegret Raunigk this past Saturday was named Neeta. The boys, on the other hand, were given the names Dries, Bence and Fjonn.

Being quadruplets and having been born prematurely, the 65-year-old's children weighed between 665 grams (1.46 pounds) and 960 grams (2.11 pounds) at birth. Should all go well, they should start putting on weight in the weeks to come.

Annegret Raunigk has 13 other children, even 7 grandchildren

News of Annegret Raunigk's pregnancy grabbed headlines back in April, when it was revealed that, to conceive, the woman had to travel to Ukraine for in vitro fertilization.

What's puzzling is that, by the looks of it, the 65-year-old didn't get pregnant at her age because she was desperate to become a mother. She has 13 other children and even 7 grandchildren, so she's no stranger to the joys of motherhood.

Talking to the press, the woman explained that the reason she turned to medical experts in Ukraine for in vitro fertilization was that her youngest daughter wanted baby siblings.

To those who have nothing better to do than criticize her life choices, Annegret Raunigk has one thing to say: they should just mind their own business and let her live her life however she might like.

“I have always been a person who says live and let live and it is not for the opinion of others but for me,” the 65-year-old pensioner commented on her pregnancy with quadruplets in a recent interview.

From: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Quadruplets-Born-to-65-Year-Old-Woman-in-Germany-482159.shtml

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happened upon a TV interview of the family before the birth and her older children were very happy for her as they said she was a wonderful mother, she was in excellent health, etc.

I happened upon a TV interview of the family before the birth and her older children were very happy for her as they said she was a wonderful mother, she was in excellent health, etc.

I hope they are prepared to bring up their siblings because at her age there is a greater chance and IMHO this is wrong on so many levels, i.e. taking the kids to school in five years when she is 70 "Oh I see your Granny brings you to school" etc and can you imagine her going in to the secondary school for a teacher parent evening in ten years time? or going to the childrens weddings?

as I say wrong IMHO on so many levels. bearing in mind she is the same age as ME

I understand your position completely. However, some people are blessed genetically and are still going strong at 90. In fact, I knew a gentleman that got married for the first time at 80, who proceeded to father 3 children (naturally) with his wife. He even held a full-time job as long as I knew him. Me, on the other hand, my body is breaking down much earlier than that. So, admittedly, I would not be a good parent to young children at my present age and physical condition...

this is truely mother of GOD moment ^_^ :P :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived