Man sets Guinness World Record for farthest hoverboard flight

Batu69

Photo-Guinness-World-Record-1.jpg

Canadian inventor set a Guinness World Record for farthest hoverboard flight. Photo: Guinness World Records

​In a real-life “Back to the Future” moment, Canadian inventor Catalin Alexandru Duru set a Guinness World Record for the farthest flight by hoverboard, flying 905 feet, 2 inches over Lake Ouareau in Quebec before splashing down.

The record attempt was performed on August 25, 2014, but Guinness World Records made it official for the first time on Friday, releasing this video of the magical moment:

Duru flew 16 feet above the water and covered the distance of three football fields on a hoverboard he took 12 months to design and build. It resembles an octocopter drone you see people use to make videos from the sky.

​“[it’s] the first real-life hoverboard,” Duru told Guinness World Records. “The machine was built and designed by me, Catalin Alexandru Duru. I am the first man to create and fly a working prototype.

“I will showcase that stable flight can be achieved with a machine one can stand on and control with their feet, just like in the movie ‘Back to the Future Part II.’ In our case, the machine is propeller-based.

“The prototype can be used anywhere, but is usually tested over water because of how dangerously high it can fly—which is ironic considering that the movie joked that it can’t.”

Duru was required to fly the hoverboard at least 50 meters for it to become a Guinness World Record and he did more than five times that.

“This is a truly mesmerising and incredible feat in the world of engineering and transportation,” a Guinness World Record spokesperson said. “It’s always pleasing to see individuals such as Catalin Alexandru Duru achieve a Guinness World Records titles such as this in which personal endeavor continues to amaze us all.”

http://www.grindtv.com/random/man-sets-guinness-world-record-for-farthest-hoverboard-flight/

• Replies 1
  • Views 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farthest journey by hoverboard - Guinness World Records

Archived