[android] Firmware update failed

rudrax

My mom has got a Asus Zenfone 4 A400CXG smartphone running Jellybean (4.3). Today I checked for update and found a firmware update of 585 MB. I have downloaded it and when tried to instal, it said "update fail. your system is restored to factory condition."

I didn't found any option to try it again without downloading it again. Is the downloaded firmware saved somewhere? What's going wrong?

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• geeteam

• twc8cvg

downloaded firmware was deleted by the system, simply download again..

What if it fails again?

What if it fails again?
If it fails again. 8N3udPP.gif
Nice joke phat man :angry:

If it fails again, you force update it manually.

If it fails again, you force update it manually.

How to force it to update manually?

Hi, sorry about the delay.

I cant seems to find any vivid tutorials on your device.

This is what i was about to grab from the xda-developers site.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/qa-asus-zenfone-4-stock-ww-6-5-27-t2904876/post56265816

Thanks for your response. I updates again today and it failed again. I will follow your link.

Hi, sorry about the delay.

I cant seems to find any vivid tutorials on your device.

This is what i was about to grab from the xda-developers site.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/qa-asus-zenfone-4-stock-ww-6-5-27-t2904876/post56265816

I thought you were supposed to post how to force update it manually. yXZVmpE.gif

That was what I wanted to do. but phone has minimal or no development support.

The manual update is smooth like cheese. Download the OTA update firmware ZIP file manually, connect the phone via USB, place the firmware ZIP file inside root directory, detach the USB, system notification will show "update available", tap it and instal it.

That is the main reason why wise folks never use OTA (as far as the device is concerned.)

Edited by dcs18

The manual update is smooth like cheese. Download the OTA update firmware ZIP file manually, connect the phone via USB, place the firmware ZIP file inside root directory, detach the USB, system notification will show "update available", tap it and instal it.

Done! As easy as that :coolwink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have a PIPO Smart S3 tablet [RK3066] Android 4.1.1 that is just showing a lying android with red triangle and exclamation point. I was able to have it go to recovery mode and perform wipe data/factory reset. I also tried wipe cache partition. I even tried apply update from external storage which I assume is the microSD card, not the NAND flash of the tablet. None worked.

After performing the wipe data/factory reset and opting to reboot system now, I can't get the tablet to load and get past the lying android with red triangle and exclamation point.

Also, I tried looking for any application to perform unbricking but no luck so far. The tablet is not being detected by the computer even after connecting by USB cable. It was detected by the computer before getting bricked.

It is still using the default android 4.1.1 rom but I was able to have it rooted.

I was trying to load a custom rom [kitkat or lollipop] to it but unsuccessful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone!

I have a PIPO Smart S3 tablet [RK3066] Android 4.1.1 that is just showing a lying android with red triangle and exclamation point. I was able to have it go to recovery mode and perform wipe data/factory reset. I also tried wipe cache partition. I even tried apply update from external storage which I assume is the microSD card, not the NAND flash of the tablet. None worked.

After performing the wipe data/factory reset and opting to reboot system now, I can't get the tablet to load and get past the lying android with red triangle and exclamation point.

Also, I tried looking for any application to perform unbricking but no luck so far. The tablet is not being detected by the computer even after connecting by USB cable. It was detected by the computer before getting bricked.

It is still using the default android 4.1.1 rom but I was able to have it rooted.

If all the recovery efforts fails through the phone, you have only one option left and it is to flash the ROM with the help of a PC. To do that you will need a driver that will allow your phone to be recognized by PC. Hopefully you will get that driver in manufacturer's website. After installing the driver on PC, your phone will be detected. Then you will be able to flash your phone through the PC with the help of some specific tools.

Hi everyone!

Howdy, may I recommend you start a new thread, rather than add to an existing one, this will give your post more exposure, and also keep the forum clean. :)

Also, did ninja502's suggestion posted today, on the neowin forum thread you made, work ?.

What recovery is it, twrp / cwm / neither, as you mention wiping dalvick, cache & factory reset,?

Finally, XDA forums would be the best place this type of question, but as also suggested on XDA, you should be able to copy the stock rom, from below, and copy to your SD card.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2013/03/pipo-smart-s1-firmwares-gathered-on-one.html

Copy the correct firmware to a fat32 formatted usb sd card, and then if you have custom recovery installed, simply repeat wipe dalvick, factory reset, and finally install from sd card the firmware.

Edited by Dodel