november_ra1n

november_ra1n

King of Blues BB King dies

1Bdkff.jpg

tCbpav.jpg

BB King: Tributes pour in after blues legend dies aged 89

Ringo Starr, Snoop Dogg and Hugh Laurie lead Twitter tributes to BB King, who has died aged 89.

Tributes have begun flooding in for blues legend BB King, who has died at the age of 89.

His lawyer Brent Bryson said that King, who suffered from diabetes, died peacefully in his sleep at his home in Las Vegas on May 14, where he had been receiving hospice care.

King's style of singing and guitar playing was an inspiration to scores of musicians, and he mentored stars including Eric Clapton as well as collaborating with U2 on the 1989 track When Love Comes To Town.

Rapper Snoop Dogg posted a photo of King holding his trademark Gibson guitar, which he always named Lucille, on his Instagram page.

H3mDHN.jpg

• Why BB King was the King of the Blues

Eric Clapton, who enjoyed hits with The Yardbirds and Cream before embarking on a successful solo career, posted a video tribute on Facebook to the man he called a "dear friend".

He said: "I want to thank him for all the inspiration and encouragement he gave me as a player over the years and the friendship we enjoyed.

"There is not a lot left to say because this music is almost a thing of the past now and there are not many left who play it in the pure way that BB did. He was a beacon for all of us who love this kind of music and I thank him from the bottom of my heart."

Actor Hugh Laurie, who himself released blues albums in 2011 and 2013, tweeted:

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora wrote: "My friend and legend BB King passed. I'm so so sad. He was so great to me. We've lost the King. My love and prayers to his family."

ehWopT.jpg

Lenny Kravitz tweeted: "BB, anyone could play a thousand notes and never say what you said in one. RIP BB King," while Bryan Adams added similar sentiments: "RIP BB King, one of the best blues guitarists ever, maybe the best. He could do more on one note than anyone."

Gene Simmons added: "Very sad. BB King, rest in peace," while Charmed actress Alyssa Milano tweeted: "Rest with the angels, BB King."

British stars also added their condolences, with Homeland star David Harewood tweeting:

Source

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

King of the Music, RIP to the Legend of Blues : (

B.B. King - Blues Boys Tune

B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone Live From Crossroads Festival 2010

B.B. King - Key to the Highway

Ballistic Gelatin

His music was a staple during my college years in the 70s and long after. We have all been blessed by the man, his talent and his unique style.

stylemessiah

Im agoraphobic (apart from my aspergers) and dont like crowds. But in the early 90's i made an exception and attended the only concert ive ever been to in my 44 years. I went to see B B.... 4th row stage centre. Like a religious experience. I walked in thinking among other things (being a guitarist) "is his vibrato that fast and impressive in real life as it sounds on record", and i walked out knowing the answer...it was!. He was, that night and always, apart from his famous talents, gracious and funny and quick to point to his own idols. I suspect he wore the mantle of King Of The Blues not because he believed he was, it was given to him, he was well chosen because he loved the music so much someone had to carry that burden. If he hadnt of, maybe it would have burned out.

He lived a truly amazing life, from cotton picking and life one step removed from slavery, to playing for millions of people around the world and for presidents in a country that once judged him by the colour of his skin.

The man knew that every person in that concert hall in the 1990's loved him, as i hope he knows millions around the world do now.

This is one of those days you never want to see pass, but hes at peace, and we at least got to see him and hear him while we lived at the same time, and as our roads crossed his. He walked a long road with dignity, humour and love for all people.

The Thrill Is Gone

november_ra1n
BB King on life, blues, Lucille & U2 (2009) - BBC News
-------------------------------------------------------

Rock Me Baby-BB King/Eric Clapton/Buddy Guy/Jim Vaughn
Stand by me - B. B. King

B.B. King - Sweet Sixteen (Live in Kinshasa)
BB King - You're gonna miss me - Live at Montreux in 1997

Archived