nsanedown blocked by ESET

Wissertje

• Replies 260
  • Views 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the majority of us have our security systems utterly misconfigured vis-à-vis our browsers (not limited to ESET) :s

I do not exclude nSane or any of it child forums, FrontPage or off-shoots thereof (yet, have never had any malware alert.)

On a tangent, I'm also cock-sure that my system will never ever get infected - even at any other site which hosts 0-day exploits (not even if I had added that site to the exclusions on my URL management.) :showoff:

It looks like the majority of us have our security systems utterly misconfigured vis-à-vis our browsers (not limited to ESET) :s

I do not exclude nSane or any of it child forums, FrontPage or off-shoots thereof (yet, have never had any malware alert.)

On a tangent, I'm also cock-sure that my system will never ever get infected - even at any other site which hosts 0-day exploits (not even if I had added that site to the exclusions on my URL management.) :showoff:

You mean that u r using Sandboxie?, btw the alert is in a saved webpages in my PC not when surfing the net cause I already added nsane to excluded urls

That's just the smokescreen.They are blocking this site because of cracks and fixes.

You mean that u r using Sandboxie?, btw the alert is in a saved webpages in my PC not when surfing the net cause I already added nsane to excluded urls

Nope bro. - I'm a Minimalist and had I not been a ESET Beta-tester, would've discarded their AV, too.

BTW, my previous post was not directed towards you - it was a general remark. :)

That's just the smokescreen.They are blocking this site because of cracks and fixes.

They're hitting out at the habitat where most of the ESET Crackers live. ;)

Looks like losts of AV company blocking us <_<

LOL... funny you say that... they all will block NSANE soon... within due time of course LAWLZ!

To a certain extent the Virus signature database is shared amongst Developers - that's how nSane may possibly be flagged by different Security Systems.

using ESET ESS 6 latest with virus dev 8199

No sign of blockade, I hope it will last longer -_-

If other antivirus solutions start blocking the frontpage please simply report it as a false positive to their team :)

stop using google chrome and youre problem is over.

use firefox or internet explorer

Sorry to tell ya but it also blocks it on IE as well... it block it on all browsers I believe

using ESET ESS 6 latest with virus dev 8199

No sign of blockade, I hope it will last longer -_-

A fresh install of Eset AV with virus defs 8200 still has it blocked...

run adwcleaner to make sure youre not having troubles with unwanted plugins . http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

or Jrt http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/131/

and then after restarting try again. and after using this software realize what list you get.

this software is safe to use , and google chrome users would see how much not needed plugins they have.

edit : forget source : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/security-utilities/

I checked earlier today and 8199 also rendered nsanedown.com blocked.

If other antivirus solutions start blocking the frontpage please simply report it as a false positive to their team :)

I think you staff should do it!

I think you staff should do it!
I'll also do it, but I think the users of antivirus products should be concerned about their product blocking perfectly safe websites (and as such report it as well).

i am running 8200 also without problems, have you added the *nsanedown.com* to the exceptions list, make sure the stars are inputed otherwise it wont work.

Oh, yeah, of course it works when you add *nsanedown.com* to the exceptions, but I thought we were talking about whether it worked without using the exception ;)

Nsane clean no virus as well .. eset so dumb :wtf: block so many site .

well sometime my kas block nsane thread but not all ,its cz flagged by gambling illegal etc ,

but its ok cz now i disable my web av . nsane always rocks :showoff:

Oh, yeah, of course it works when you add *nsanedown.com* to the exceptions, but I thought we were talking about whether it worked without using the exception ;)

Why are we worrying for the fault of an AV, I don't get that. In virustotal, it's only ESET that detects threat in FP. If anything needs to be fixed, it's the AV itself.

It has to do with a large user base of nsanedown not being acquainted with the forums and not being able to unblock it in Eset I guess.

Two recommendations for those who want to switch over to other antivirus: 1. Mbam 2. Kingsoft Antivirus

Archived