nsanedown blocked by ESET

Wissertje

Good morning,

If i go to //www.nsanedown.com/ than Eset blocks the page. Are you guys aware of this?

I made some screenshots.

Regards.

Virus Database version: 8195

Yeah, they did that maybe because Nsane is known of the ESET fixes :), to resolve the issue just :

1- Open ESET

2- Press F5 (To enable advanced settings)

3- Web and emal > Web access protection > URL Address managemanet > add " *nsanedown.com* " to the Active list , Press OK and done :)

• Replies 260
  • Views 109.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also using ESS 6...having the problem...my solution...

- Open eset

- Press F5

- Web and email

- Web access protection

- URL Address managemanet

- add *nsane* (including *)

this will unblock anything contains "Nsane"... :)

a stupid move on their behalf but I get trying to stop users from getting a fix for their product but it's not like users can't whitelist it :hehe:

icon1.gifRe: Cant Access nsanedown

The website contains cracks and other illegal content.

quote.gif

That's troublesome.

I'd swallow that with an optimistic spoon - they unwittingly have advertised our site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . free-of-cost. ;)

Edit:

Hmmm - site name has been struck out.

icon1.gifRe: Cant Access nsanedown

The website contains cracks and other illegal content.

quote.gif

That's troublesome.

I'd swallow that with an optimistic spoon - they unwittingly have advertised our site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . free-of-cost. ;)

Edit:

Hmmm - site name has been struck out.

Topic name hasn't been edited though lol

@hclarkjr:

They got suspicious and caught wind of the free advertisement :tehe:

thread just got locked

like any forum moderator really, but the answer given was wrong in many ways.

nsaneblock.png

Today I found this. It's strange becouse until yesterday I can go to the site normally.

Anyways I've added the url to the exclution list.

By the way, before setting the exclution in Eset, I can't go to nsanedown.com but I do to the forum.

Thanks guys for the help. Everything is working ok now. I have a subscription on Eset Smart Security but when this is over i will find another one. Not normal that they block this website. I never downloaded a virus from here.

Keep up the good work. :D

Ahaha as of now I get the same message on the latest definitions using NOD32...

Virus Defs # is 8199 (20130405)

Just now received the first NSANE BLOCK!

Guest Samson&Delilah

Yeah I think it's obvious how Eset works when they block eset codes for monthly trial mode and call it malware. I think I'll just move back to another anti-virus. I don't need a anti-virus company trying to fear monger me.

AV & SS, For v4.0.xxx & v4.2.xxx

1. Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus

2. Press the F5 key on your keyboard to open the Advanced setup window.

3. Expand Web and Email icon-rarr_10x9.pngWeb access protection icon-rarr_10x9.pngHTTP, HTTPS icon-rarr_10x9.png Address management and click Add then add *nsanedown.com* .

6. When you are finished click OK and exit.

Since 10 min, I turned on the PC, ESET autoupdated, Opened a forlder in which I save some webpages from nsane and others.. and ESET flagged that I'm infected with a virus which seems is in saved nsaneformus webpages!, Is it a real threat or it's a false alarm?!

Here is the proof:

vrss.jpg

image.jpg

Did you save that file on your hard drive? If it is a web page you saved it could have been infected while on your hard drive but it may not be infected at all. Here is the current situation: ESET is retarded and lazy so instead of actually scanning for malicious code they decided to block nsanedown.com and all web pages with references to that domain. This makes you realise how much of a load of shit ESET is in reality, in all the years they convinced us that they used to actually scan for malware but now they just block things like retards without checking for malicious code.

It's a sad day to see an antivirus which we all elevated as a reputable brand reveals that their software is pretty much useless trash that does not scan for malicious code. It hurt me too cuz ESET was my hero but now they have let me down and I am disappointed. Use a real antivirus and scan the files for a second opinion.

For more details about this situation check out the thread: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/164937-nsanedown-blocked-by-eset/

There is already a thread running for this.

Well this is different!, Blocking a website for 'illegal content.. ' (as they said on wildersecurity) is not the same as warning you that ur PC is infected with a Known Virus!, BTW I checked one of the flagged topics on Virus Total and it seems to be Clean: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/7149face3875c8316ff053f5bf852b0c9bf5c99097a3b63286802ad01a6b766a/analysis/1365224009/

ESET Dumb security v6 :rofl:

There is already a thread running for this.

Well this is different!, Blocking a website for 'illegal content.. ' (as they said on wildersecurity) is not the same as warning you that ur PC is infected with a Known Virus!, BTW I checked one of the flagged topics on Virus Total and it seems to be Clean: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/7149face3875c8316ff053f5bf852b0c9bf5c99097a3b63286802ad01a6b766a/analysis/1365224009/

Forums seems fine. It is the FP that ESET blocks. In virustotal too, only ESET detects threat for FP, not the others.

Archived