nsanedown blocked by ESET

Wissertje

Same here using signature database 8196.

Can not configure eset around it since I am using a company laptop (ESET is password locked).

• Replies 260
  • Views 109.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, the site was blocked today by ESET AV, put it in exclusions, now is fine. Strange, I've never been blocked here, but who knows, obviously nsane is getting popular. I bet ESET and other softs have spies in here B)

Instead of adding www.nsanedown.com try adding *nsanedown.com* (the star signs are important).

works great thank you

Blocked nsanedown, but:

Instead of adding www.nsanedown.com try adding *nsanedown.com* (the star signs are important).

works great thank you

it's working great.

stylemessiah

the probleme is "http:/piwik.nsanedown.com/piwik.js"

3a556492.png

There's nothing wrong with that file though ;)

Just FYI, the DoNotTrackMe firefox addon also blocks this as a tracking attempt.

Just FYI, the DoNotTrackMe firefox addon also blocks this as a tracking attempt.

It should, Piwik is our analytics application.

Can not configure eset around it since I am using a company laptop (ESET is password locked).

You can get around the ESET password if you wish to:-

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/162345-solved-uninstall-nod32-v5-with-wrong-password-error/?do=findComment&comment=548802

That is definitely useful!

Will check into it later.

Another workaround is using Tor Browser Bundle :)

stylemessiah

It should, Piwik is our analytics application.

You'd think they would realise this an open source and benign web analytic file, but no :)

As an act of faith, i have whitelisted it on DoNotTrackMe for nsanedown, who knows you may actually get some stats from me now, or at least the squid proxy i use :) :)

I'm running ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and it is not blocking the frontpage (I'm on the same signature database by the way). In one of your prompts it says the address is 127.0.0.1, that's localhost, is there any reason why it would say that (are you using some kind of 'proxy' which resides on your PC)?

Please let me know if this isn't resolved by the end of today (I'm also in the Netherlands at the moment, so 'day' isn't ambiguous here).

EAV dont have firewall

EAV dont have firewall

It's not the firewall module that's blocking nSane - it's the HTTP (web access protection) module which is present not only in ESS but also EAV.

i did that too but the main page comes up with white background and no headers. then when i click link from main page it gets blocked by nod

Not sure if anyone else has posted over at wilders but here's the link: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2212905

ive only just posted it so waiting for a reply everyone should bug them to get an answer :)

Edit

Reply was fast - it seems they did it on purpose! if this is true why not block Google aswell? pft!

post_new.gif Today, 11:02 AM
Eset Moderator
icon1.gifRe: Cant Access nsanedown
The website contains cracks and other illegal content.
quote.gif

Yes, that's right. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Did you try adding *nsanedown.com* to the list of exclusions (from URL filtering?)

Not sure if anyone else has posted over at wilders but here's the link: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2212905

ive only just posted it so waiting for a reply everyone should bug them to get an answer :)

Edit

Reply was fast - it seems they did it on purpose! if this is true why not block Google aswell? pft!

post_new.gif Today, 11:02 AM

Marcos user_online.gif

Eset Moderator

icon1.gifRe: Cant Access nsanedown

The website contains cracks and other illegal content.

quote.gif

That's troublesome.

Archived