Solved-VMware workstation for Windows 7 Home Premium

vitorio

Hi all:

I have been trying to install VMware Workstation for my Windows 7 Home Premium PC for the last months.

Apparently the software is installed but after trying to install a new virtual machine and copied the operating ISO file (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits) it says some files are missing.

What I do not understand is if my operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and the operating system I am trying to install to my virtual machine is the same why so many troubles.

I have read some tutorials and the procedure is straight forward.

I just want some help from someone who installed VMware Workstation in a Windows 7 64 bits, and how he/she did it (i.e. VMware version used, etc.)

Thanks for the help

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you put the system iso in CD/DVD (SATA) and setup started normally try to check for bad sector in HD that you have the Vmware hd in with "HDD Regenerator"

Also try to check your ram with MEMTEST

Finally zavana provided me the help I needed and the steps to follow to installed VMware Worstation 10 and the Windows 7 Home Basic guest operating system

Problem description:

The message I received is:

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.
Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

I am using VMwareWorkstation 10, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits.

It also detaied the following steos (which I do not understand):

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'
(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.
(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

Hope you understand them.

Thanks again zavana for your help.

Solution:
Enable virtualization.

See

http://www.sysprobs.com/disable-enable-virtualization-technology-bios

Escritoire

With a little luck, it's easy as it may well be : "Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution."

At the start of the computer, press "F2" or "DEL" or whatever key required to go in the "BIOS" of your computer board.

There you will have to enable "virtualization", it is somewhere in the menus. Have a look at your motherboard technical manual or load it from the manufacturer site, it should be explained more clearly than I can do, there.

A good software to know if your system meets requirements for virtualization software is VirtualChecker from the creator of CrystalDiskInfo ( http://openlibsys.org/ )

It checks x64, DEP, VT-x, SLAT status. The only missing check is VT-d, but if you don't run Xen, it's not a big deal.

Archived