PC Upgrading Advice (for Entry-level gaming)?

insanedown58

insanedown58

Here I go again, another year another small stack of cash for me to squander on upgrading my PC :lol:

Here's what I got going on at the moment:

CPU: Pentium G2030 3 GHz

RAM: 4 GB Kingston 1333 (2x 2GB sticks)

HDD: 500 GB Seagate

GPU: None. IGP.

PSU: Generic 500 W

Okay now I have 2 routes I can go to. I can a.) Upgrade my RAM to 8 GB and buy an entry-level GPU (looking at GT 730 or a Radeon 7730) or b.) Buy a better GPU but keep the RAM at simply 4 GB or possibly just add (1) 4 GB stick to go along with the 2 GB stick making 6 GB (both are 1333 anyways so I don't think it'll cause problems) but get a better (I don't know by how much) GPU (specifically the Inno3D GTX 650 Green)

I have $141 max to work with and it's equal to Php. 6,250. I was given vouchers that I could use (but only til the end of May) so saving up wouldn't be an option since I have no source of income or in my age's case: allowance :lol:

I plan to use it for some NBA 2K14 (or 2K15 if the holy gods of gaming smile upon my humble system) on High (Low-Medium on 2K15) and maybe some GTA IV (Medium-High maybe?) on 1366 x 768 resolution.

I also plan to get a CPU upgrade. Might bump the Pentium up to an i3 in 2016 if none of my other gadgetry die on me :lol:

• Replies 4
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all honesty, save your monies, and wait to upgrade, right now there's no real point in throwing more money at your current setup, as there's not much you can change, that will make a huge difference.

You could increase the memory capacity to 6gb / upgrade the GPU, but your HD / CPU are still the bottleneck.

Archived