AV-Test ~ Endurance Test: Does antivirus software slow down PCs?

212eta

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although the detection rate is high, Kaspersky IS could not be so light on resources, I don't think so.

Test results are surprising - didn't expect ESET to perform so poorly, and I always felt Kaspersky was the slow one. Did I read the chart correctly?

AlienForce1

Test results are surprising - didn't expect ESET to perform so poorly, and I always felt Kaspersky was the slow one. Did I read the chart correctly?

Try KIS2015 and you will be surprised how fast will be your PC ...

Try KIS2015 and you will be surprised how fast will be your PC ...

Yeah,I don't know why people don't believe it.

I usually change av's, currently not using KIS, but yes for me it's very light on system.

Everybody knows ESET is the lightest hands-down. They're just trying to make you think otherwise. ;)

I try different AVs all the time (and i mean all the time, like two or three a month), and no AV comes close to ESET performance wise. Nothing! Nada! Rien! Niente!

The only situation i had a considerable slow-down and some crashes even with ESET was on Windows 10 TP, and guess what!? Most of the other AVs don't even work in W10 TP! Comodo also runs well (minor issues here and there) but still slower than ESET.

Completing my post..... Kaspersky has become lighter, and i do love Kaspersky, but it is not lighter than ESET. Well... at least on my machines. But i still think its worth the bucks. Kaspersky is still the best AV for me. :)

it's shocking that how Eset performs so badly in one area which was it's forte. Eset already is scoring low in the security tests as well

AlienForce1

it's shocking that how Eset performs so badly in one area which was it's forte. Eset already is scoring low in the security tests as well

It will be not so shocking if you will try it on your PC and see that there is a little lag when you try to open a common accesed adress (like Yahoo! for ex.) in an internet browser , or when you download some files from internet . After that , try Kaspersky (latest version ! ) and you will be surprised to realize that Kaspersky became lighter than ESET and you will have faster acces to your files and a faster browsing experience .

I don`t intend to convince somebody of anything , who doesn`t believe it`s free to try .

• Administrator

ESET does use some amount of CPU these days when running programs, more than it did or should. But still, irrespective of how any company has changed it's product, I have some doubts for this one.

Archived