Problems with uTorrent and Personalfirewall - Firewall log going crazy

tool_band

New to this software, and found it was recommended highly of the 'free' firewalls. Set it up ok and worked it out but noticed that the firewall was going crazy with dozens of messages every few seconds about connections down and up. (Note, weirdly, that it doesn't have any impact on the speed of downloaded/uploads: they remain the same roughly). I was reccomended to create 'rules' for the app, and here are the following that were created:

1.Allow Outbound for Low /High /UDP/ local ports 1024-65535 /remote 1024-655352.Allow Outbound for Low/High /TCP/local 1024-65535 /remote 1024-655353.Allow Inbound for Low/High / UDP/local 1024-65535 /remote 1024-655354.Allow Inbound for Low/High /TCP /local 1024-65535 /remote 1024-65535

Furthermore, port 80 and the port uTorrent uses to connect is also another additional rule that was added. When uTorrent is not running there are virtually no additions to the firewall log, so even though it dosen't specifically state in the firewall log the app; we can safely say that it is uTorrent.

I would appreciate any help as it's annoying as hell and it's a great firewall apart from that.

Thanks.

:)

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

what firewall u use Windows8FirewallControl or Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus 7.0?

i wood just let C:\users\pc user\appdata\roaming\utorrent\utorrent.exe pass the firewall i see noneed to port 80

You know I have tried many many 3rd-party Windows Firewalls, now I'm on the built-in Windows Firewall, block all policy Inbound & Outbound, what I need to connect I open for it, I feel like I have saved a lot of system resources by not using any 3rd-party firewall.

Privacyware Privatefirewall 7.0. I do just set a generic 'Allow' function to bypass the rules section. Don't get it. :mellow: :wtf: :huh:

knowledge-Spammer

Privacyware Privatefirewall 7.0. I do just set a generic 'Allow' function to bypass the rules section. Don't get it. :mellow: :wtf: :huh:

Privacyware Privatefirewall 7.0 is not the best program my friend i no its free but much better to use Windows8FirewallControl or Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus 7.0 and both them programs u can get free to

but that said ill lookin to it for u

In 19:54:06 24/04/2015 192.168.0.5 95.85.38.27 ICMP (1) Destination Unreachable

I get that 'Destination Unreachable' part most of the time, yet my upload is maxed at 1Mbp/s. But don't the windows firewalls not stop outbound connections? Which is pretty essential, especially if you're using illicit programs.

Aside from windows what is a better firewall than this one? And I just want to find out what the errors mean.

Thanks.

:angry: :unsure:

knowledge-Spammer
In 19:54:06  24/04/2015 192.168.0.5 95.85.38.27 ICMP (1) Destination Unreachable
I get that 'Destination Unreachable' part most of the time, yet my upload is maxed at 1Mbp/s. But don't the windows firewalls not stop outbound connections? Which is pretty essential, especially if you're using illicit programs.
Aside from windows what is a better firewall than this one? And I just want to find out what the errors mean.
Thanks.
:angry: :unsure:

are u Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File?

i use this firewall //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/239065-windows-10-firewall-control-plus-70/page-2?hl=%2Bwindows+%2B10+%2Bfirewall+%2Bcontrol+%2Bplus?do=findComment&comment=917327

No. So what can the error mean even if uTorrent is still downloading/uploading at max speed? :wtf:

• 2 months later...

Now I'm using the "Windows Firewall Control" to make things easy to handle, but you need to activate it, otherwise do not use it.

For all who dont know any networking stuff, dont bother yourself in these technical stuff, just allow all outbound connections, and block all inbound connections, and get the peace of mind ..

Archived