Google Play Store vs F-Droid

NOP-X4

13 members have voted

1. 1. If an app is stored on F-droid and Google Play Store both, which one will you prefer?

If an app is stored on F-droid and Google Play Store both, which one will you prefer and why? What you guys think?

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the question is fair. Google Play has millions of apps, while F-Droid has but a few hundred open source programs. While people say "You can get everything you could ever need on F-Droid", that's simply not true. I recently removed all gapps from my phone, and tested several alternatives, F-Droid among them, and it was simply too small. So, even though I hate GP, for me it would win in this debate by default.

if, however, the question were posed as "Google Play vs Aptoide", or "Google Play vs 1Mobile Market", then I would choose either over Google's repository.

I don't think the question is fair. Google Play has millions of apps, while F-Droid has but a few hundred open source programs. While people say "You can get everything you could ever need on F-Droid", that's simply not true. I recently removed all gapps from my phone, and tested several alternatives, F-Droid among them, and it was simply too small. So, even though I hate GP, for me it would win in this debate by default.

if, however, the question were posed as "Google Play vs Aptoide", or "Google Play vs 1Mobile Market", then I would choose either over Google's repository.

Why we need so many places to download Android applications. They all should be under Google Store Play. Maybe Google is too expensive for them?

Why we need so many places to download Android applications. They all should be under Google Store Play. Maybe Google is too expensive for them?

Fee isn't the only reason, policy, etc, could be one/more of them.

All the way Google Play Store

More complete, easy to Find, and Me was Familiar with them

I download the apk file that I need. Google play store is cr@p. Its hectic and uses background mobile data. If you disable the background data, play store won't work. So play store is total load of cr@p. Can't believe that the greatest mobile OS comes with such a cheap app store. Really disgusting.

Anyone try Aptoide?

I prefer F-droid because many apps stored on Google Play Store are available without ads-libraries on F-droid. :)

• 8 months later...

Archived