Charging your smartphone overnight?

vitorio

Is it a good/bad or no effect on battery or phone charging it overnight?

I myself let it charging overnight but there are also opinions tha you should not do it.

My question is what is your experience with either method?

Thanks for the information.

pd Depending how strong the results be, I may change the way I've charged my phone.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

• VileTouch

• sirri

• gipsy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no! you should wake up every two hours to disconnect it and then again to reconnect it!, you think you can just go to sleep without worry?

56iPq4B.gif

you bought a smartphone buddy!, now you must suffer the consequences!

or just do the sensible thing and plug the damn thing and pick it up full charge in the morning like everyone do

edit: what? you were waiting for the picture above to load? lol

oh ok, here it is.

yBsPkIc.gif

Edited by VileTouch

I see no advantages and it is no good for your phone's battery to keep your handset charged for long periods of time after it hits 100% charged. This can lead your phone to require a new battery earlier than it would normally need one.

Lithium ion batteries, like the ones used by most smartphones, should not be kept at 100% for long periods of time.

Experts say that for optimal battery life, you should run your battery for a short period of time, and then plug it in for a short time. It is like having your battery take several short walks instead of running one long sprint. The latter is more taxing for your body.

It is only make battery damage coz heat all night. Save energy and unplug while sleeping :)

Edited by sirri

@ vitorio u shouldn't worry about a battery ,smartphone will die first (or u'll change to new one).

@ vitorio u shouldn't worry about a battery ,smartphone will die first (or u'll change to new one).

So, keep it plug all night is your recommendation. Thanks all for your answers.

I tend to charge my phones while I'm at home during the day and never while we're asleep due to the possibility of fire (especially if the charger has been replaced with a non-original charger)....I think most phone manufacturers warn against unattended charging anyway.

Airstream_Bill

Your phone will STOP Charging when your phone Thinks it is at 100% Charge. If the capacity drops below 100% it will charge back to what it thinks is 100%. You will find any answer you want on the internet about charging batteries. If it is a Droid you should charge you phone to 100% and let it discharge by normal usage to 5% TWO Times. I reiterate 2 times. Your phone will then know what your battery's capacity is at 100% charge. At this point just use your phone and charge it when you know it needs charged for whatever purpose you need full charge for long periods etc.