Diskeeper any longer needed?

smorrissey

Hello community,

I need advice i have a computer with an hybrid array (HDD + solid drive 60g) for cache purposes using Intel IRST.

For some years i used diskeeper 2011, when 12 came i never could find a working patch, diskeeper 15 is out now and still no patch.

I no longer use 2011 version cause i consider it old enough.

Do i need diskeeper for better disk performance? why no patch available? most of the people is on big solid drives now, so no longer needed right?

Thx for your comments.

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a hybrid drive or two in my systems though I use an SSD for my boot drive.

I used to use Diskeeper in the past but take the view that Windows 8 is supposed to be better at managing drives so I no longer use it.

I look forward to comments with a research base on this topic.

I reckon if you use a normal HDD you still need some sort of disfragger, and you really can tell a difference, but once again, beggining Windows 8, it's default defragg works on the background with no user intervation, so it's just a matter of personal taste, for laptop I rather use Diskeeper, for notebooks it's better the windows app

ah ok. problem is i'm using windows 7 64 bits here, not planning to use windows 8 ever, but yeah i'm changing to 10 as soon as it is available. In the meantime i don't think i can do anything no patch for diskeeper 12-15. :unsure:

ah ok. problem is i'm using windows 7 64 bits here, not planning to use windows 8 ever, but yeah i'm changing to 10 as soon as it is available. In the meantime i don't think i can do anything no patch for diskeeper 12-15. :unsure:

yep you have quite right decision, just wait windows 10 RTM comes

RTM released in summer 2015...

ehm.. so.... when is summer?!?!?

June, July, August ?!??!

exactly 78 days to go

Already downloaded, windows 10 TP 9926

A basic defrag tool like Defraggler does the job perfectly. I have used Diskeeper for a long time since Windows 7 and did not notice any significant performance improvements either.

Currently, I am running Win 8.1 Pro and handle a lot of disk transfers. As Chancer said , W8 seems to be handling fragmentation more effectively than its predecessors.

Do i need diskeeper for better disk performance?

Been using Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer 15.966.0 for a good number of years - it works great and enhances HDD performance, far more effectively (and swiftly) than the native defragmentation tool built into my 8.1 Update 3.

why no patch available?

The reason for using the 2011 version (mentioned above) is that a working patch is available for it.

most of the people is on big solid drives now, so no longer needed right?

Right, you don't need Diskeeper for SSDs.

IMO, I think the latest diskeeper 15 or v-locity endpoint 1.051 shows a slight faster response time in bootloads and opening of applications. but data transfer performance is just just the same . Other than those. I dont find anything highly signifcant in windows 8.1 system.

Oh yeah, Diskeeper V-locity is really awesome - looking forward to a working medicine for it. F3h9xqz.gif

Actually im running it here right now. i installed it 2 days ago, so far no pop ups, anything unusual. As it is a 30 day, realtime, im expecting it something "good" will happen. :):) If you force the date and move it 6 months or more, stays functional and operational. Im using the trialware using the existing dll patch here, and the dk15 reg.bat ( where i posted... just modifed it to fit v-locity endpoint and some registry modification in it, like activationdaysleft in registry= 10 days, and make it 486000 days consistent with the operation manager registry . ) so far so good.

The only drawback if you use a trialware setup in this forced reg key entry, is that the "istrialware" automatically goes back to 1 despite manual change to 0 in registry, which only occurs if you try to manually open the program. Seems to be related the server check and trialware program utilized. This is also true in diskeeper 15.

I hope i can get the full retail setup of V-locity Endpoint for further testing.

Been using Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer 15.966.0 for a good number of years - it works great and enhances HDD performance, far more effectively (and swiftly) than the native defragmentation tool built into my 8.1 Update 3.

FYIaQnD.png

ok i was using the native windows 8 defragg... until about two weeks ago and suddenly every time i started my computer every morning the defrag began to run and took up so much system resources that i could do nothing else but wait for it to finish ...or restart my computer again... used defraggler to defrag my hard C drive...that took 16 hours so i am assuming the native windows defrag was NOT doing it's job properly for avery long time.....now using smart defrag4 and all is well

@dcs18 hmmm should have tried that one.... thanks for the tip....

@Dmog .. nice to know....i tried it last year... yep also good and light... until i formatted my HDD 3 months back. just trying things out..... :)

why no patch available?

The reason for using the 2011 version (mentioned above) is that a working patch is available for it.

2011 is old tech.

Diskeeper 15:

New! Optimizes Solid States Drives

HyperFast® solid state drive optimizer now comes standard with Diskeeper 15. HyperFast is designed to keep SSD laptops, desktops and netbooks running at top speeds while also extending the lifespan of your solid state drive - saving you money in replacement costs.

I with there was a good patch for it but since version 12 nothing, i assume it is too difficult to crack or people are just not interested anymore.

why no patch available?

2011 is old tech.

Diskeeper 15:

HyperFast® solid state drive optimizer now comes standard with Diskeeper 15. HyperFast is designed to keep SSD laptops, desktops and netbooks running at top speeds while also extending the lifespan of your solid state drive - saving you money in replacement costs.

I with there was a good patch for it but since version 12 nothing, i assume it is too difficult to crack or people are just not interested anymore.

I had 2 options for my defragmentation - either, to daydream about the latest Diskeeper or to get real with a fully working old tech (I chose the later.)

BTW, my Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer already ships with HyperFast - and I find it to be far more superior to the latest Pro. version, too:--

poht7wI.png

why no patch available?

2011 is old tech.

Diskeeper 15:

I had 2 options for my defragmentation - either, to daydream about the latest Diskeeper or to get real with a fully working old tech (I chose the later.)

BTW, my Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer already ships with HyperFast - and I find it to be far more superior to the latest Pro. version, too:--

poht7wI.png

Can your see in your image that hyperfast is disabled right?

I used the 2011 version for 3 years, enough is enough version 2011 and version 15 are not clones regardin technology..

Diskeeper® 12 Released

New! HyperFast® 2.0 SSD Optimizer HyperFast solid state drive optimizer now comes standard with Diskeeper. HyperFast is the only technology designed specifically to produce faster performance in solid state drives running on Microsoft® operating systems. HyperFast now includes TRIM functionality to improve performance. The HyperFast feature will only be enabled if a solid state drive is recognized.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/diskeeper-12-released.325812/

Version 2.0 for hyperfast SSD optimizer since version 12 not before...

Right now im using the defrag included in windows 7, i manually defrag from time to time..

diskeeper 15 does not and will not support usb hard drives..i sent a message to them about this and the person who replied back to me pretty much told me that more than a significant amount of their customers want this feature and have so much complained to them about no support for usb drives....he also told me in his reply that if it was him buying the software and he had 3 or 4 usb hard drives like i do that he would not buy the software and let his company know why...why would i want to use software that only worked on 1 of my 4 harddrives

HyperFast is disabled by my preference simply because the drives illustrated are not SSDs

diskeeper 15 does not and will not support usb hard drives.

USB HDDs are supported on my Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011 - (on my screenshot) check out the HDD labeled 1TB.

USB HDDs are supported on my Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011 - (on my screenshot) check out the HDD labeled 1TB.

i said diskeeper15 not talking about about any other older version...apparently the guys that make the software do not car the the end users...the people who will buy the stuff they make do not want to make what we want to buy but rather want to make what they think we should buy...as evidenced by the rest of the reply i got from customer service as he said in the near future there are no plans, nor are they even thinking about adding support for usb drives

i said diskeeper15 not talking about about any other older version...apparently the guys that make the software do not car the the end users...the people who will buy the stuff they make do not want to make what we want to buy but rather want to make what they think we should buy...as evidenced by the rest of the reply i got from customer service as he said in the near future there are no plans, nor are they even thinking about adding support for usb drives

That vindicates my suggestion to folks which has always been to stick with the superior EnterpriseServer 2011. F3h9xqz.gif

Have always suspected that Condusive pulled out the EnterpriseServer for the simple reason that it was possible to be reverse-engineered.

i really like the "true" set it and forget it mode that the 15 version has but why only offer it for the "c" drive and nothing else.... how many people only go with the drive on their computer and have no mobile drives...as i said i have 4 mobile drives...so if i am actually going to "buy" software i want it for everything i have and not just a small portion of what i have

HyperFast is disabled by my preference simply because the drives illustrated are not SSDs

I'm not sure 100% but as far as i remember on diskeeper 2011 whey you are using an hybrid array that feature is disabled by default which is sad, for me was always disabled.

And now after some months of not using diskeeper ony my system i can't perceive any difference in performance, Apparently IRST get the jobs done, still fragmentation happens of course.

Still i'd love to use version 15...hope a patch arrives but i doubt it.

Archived