Need a little bit of advises

nitama

Hello nsane members

Can anyone suggest what program language is good to learn so that I can easily find a summer job in ecommerce webpage creation?

Currently, I am a senior HS students would like to earn money toward my college fund. As for my programming experience, let's us says zero experience. I will have to learn it online and has to be free.

Thank you in advance for your advises.

• Replies 4
  • Views 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many FREE sources online for learning...

Only one is thus:

https://www.khanacademy.org/

But another:

https://www.futurelearn.com/
LEARN ABOUT NET WORKS WITH WIRESHARK
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/

About the future... Aside...

What Does A College Degree Mean Now ?
When I was a little kid, my mom used to tell us stories about growing up on the south side of Chicago in the 1930s and 40s. I used to think “Man! I can’t believe my mom watched a guy in a horse-drawn carriage come down the street selling blocks of ice.” To me, like every kid, it seemed like my mom grew up in the middle ages.
My kids can’t remotely imagine what it was like for me and my siblings to grow up in the sixties and seventies. They can’t take it in.
“No cellphones, and no internet?” they ask me.
“That’s right, and no microwaves either, not until I was in high school, and even then most people didn’t have one — they were wicked expensive.”
“No Instagram?” they persist.
“Nope. No Youtube. No such thing as video until I was old enough to babysit. When videos came out, we watched them on TV. That’s the only way we could see them.”
“WHAT?!!!” My kids are flabbergasted. They try to break it down.
“So let me get this straight,” says my daughter, a socially active 21-year-old. “You and your friends — Alice and Liz and Jill, and everybody you hung out with back in New Jersey. How did you make plans? Let’s say you were in high school on a Friday afternoon. How did you figure out who was free and make plans to do something that night?”
“We talked about it at school. If we couldn’t find someone in our group, we went to her house after school.”
“What if she wasn’t home when you got there?”
“We left her a note, or we told her mom.”
“Why was her mom home?”
“Most of the moms were home in those days. We drove around in cars. Somebody always had a car, and we went to each of our friends’ houses and picked them up.”
“I can’t imagine. It sounds so difficult!”
It was a different era, that’s for sure. The kids I knew finished high school and went straight into college. We didn’t know what else to do! Some of the kids were passionate about something already at age 17 – medicine or teaching or music, for instance. I went to music school. I only lasted two years and then I left. I went back to college later and graduated with my BA when I was 26.
Because I was working during my second half of college, I was able to pay close attention to what I learned in class. College was coursework for me. It wasn’t a lifestyle, the way it is for my kids and for the majority of kids who go to school full-time and live on campus.
When I evaluated my learning in the classroom against the cost of tuition — paid by my parents at first and then later by my generous employer — I was unimpressed. The classroom instruction I received was no great shakes, as the old saying goes. There was no way that it remotely warranted the high price tag.
“This is a racket,” I said. “People need the degree because employers demand it. They have to pay to get it, like it or not. Colleges can charge what they want. I could teach this class better, and I don’t even like the topic!”
When I was 23 I made an appointment to sit down with the chair of the Business Department at my college. “I am really disappointed,” I said. “My employer is kind enough to pay my tuition, but I take the classes and do the work. There is nothing fundamental in what I’m learning.
“One instructor is a marketing consultant in town who tells us what he does for his clients. We are not learning anything especially deep or profound, just a bunch of methods that this fellow uses which may or may not transcend the situations he uses them in.
“He says all the time ‘Marketing is an inexact science’ and I buy that, but then isn’t this course just a how-to course, like a course on painting your garage? How is it even college-worthy?”
“You bring up a good point,” said the department chair. “A lot of colleges are dropping their undergraduate business programs for just this reason. You could learn the same things at community colleges for much less money. It is a vexing problem.
“People who are successful in the business world don’t want to stop being successful to teach an undergraduate college course.” My jaw dropped open.
“So we are being taught how to do business by….essentially….failed businesspeople?” I asked.
“You are a perceptive young lady,” he said.
Every college is different, but we still have to ask: if employers didn’t require four-year degrees of their new hires, would anyone still get a four-year degree? We must tell the truth about college — that as much as we talk about cultivating critical thinking skills and developing young minds, there is still a massive trade-school aspect to the acquisition of a four-year degree.
Without that hook to get parents to write the big checks, I’d guess that four-year college enrollment would drop by half.
I have been writing about the Certification Racket for a long time. The Certification Racket is the scam where various professions create professional certification programs for members of their profession. These certifications begin their lifecycles as lofty and desirable things, but then hiring managers begin to include them as Essential Requirements in their job ads.
Pretty soon everybody and his brother has attained the certification, and then it’s so ubiquitous as to be meaningless. People spend tens of thousands of dollars on certifications, and resume-screeners yawn and say “Big deal, you’re certified – so is everyone else!”
College to me is reaching the same state. If you look honestly at an entry-level job in any corporation, not-for-profit or government agency, the kind of job that requires a college degree, you can easily see that you don’t need a degree to do the job. I could teach you the job in two weeks, and so could anyone. The college degree is a fatted calf. It is an expensive and labor-intensive effort that shows an employer you are serious.
The question is, what are you showing yourself to be serious about? Right now, if we are honest, your college degree says “I am serious about showing you that I can earn a degree. Look! Here is my diploma.”
It is a broken system. We send our kids to college at great expense to prove to employers that our kids are worthy. Kids go off to college without having a clue what they want to do when they finish, and who can blame them? I’m 55, and I only found my path in the past five years. I had inklings, of course. I tried to follow the nudges and whispers I got while supporting myself and my family. We lock kids into career paths early — the worst thing we could possibly do!
Every day in our office we hear from people my age and older who say that only now are they realizing that the career path they “chose” forty or more years ago was actually their parents’ choice for them. They never liked it, but our system makes it very hard to switch lanes. It can be hard to tell the truth about your lack of love for your profession, even as an adult. It feels like a very risky thing to do.
College is overdue for a massive overhaul. We should not lock kids into career paths just because they picked a school or picked a major while still in childhood and then don’t see a way out of it.
We hear horror stories from young people and their parents about changing majors or changing colleges while in school. Academic counselors tell kids “Are you prepared to do an extra two years of school?” instead of telling them “Bravo for you! You are listening to your heart. That’s the most important thing you can do!”
We are all entrepreneurs now. Entrepreneurs solve problems for their clients and customers, and many of them solve big, intractable problems that other people don’t notice or don’t care about. When you work for yourself, there is no employer hovering over you fussing about academic credentials. You don’t need a degree to start your own business.
My oldest child will graduate from college in May this year. She will graduate with perhaps the least-practical degree there is, a vocal performance degree. I have never worried for one second about her making a living, because she grew her pain-spotting and problem-solving muscles as a young child. Yet in her program, there is no course on careers for singers.
There is no roadmap for graduating vocalists or instrumentalists, either, to show them what they should do with the degree they now possess. Most music schools have the same problem, and it’s not just a problem for music schools. Career Services Directors around the world pour out their sorrows to us. Some of them are not permitted to email the students in their institutions to tell them about career assistance or events. They have to get the faculty’s permission!
Careers are an afterthought in many or most college programs. Faculty members, after all, don’t have to worry too much about their careers, not after they get tenure. Kids do.
Every single college should teach kids about careers and make a career or life-roadmap course a non-elective, core subject every quarter or semester. Every college should make it easy for kids to switch majors or switch schools.
Every college should teach kids about their range of career choices, from stepping into a corporate job to launching their own business. The cradle-to-grave conveyor belt is busted. The corporate ladder is sawdust under our feet. When will colleges wake up and smell the new-millennium coffee?
Who-exactly-has-permission-to-put-limits
Who-exactly-has-permission-to-put-limitsA SEARCH ENGINE LIST 2015
Comprehensive list of Search Engines
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/

AOL ONCE HAD ONLINE FREE TUTORIALS ON HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE...

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND... SEARCH ALL THE VARIETY OF FREE LEARNING

IT FINDS FOR YOU...

IDEAS:

http://archive.org
http://www.wincert.net/forum/
FREEWARE TUTOR
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

You could spend a lifetime on internet learning...

How much free time do you have ??

Love something you do, do something you love...

Peace-within-yourself-poetry-16469702-50

We wish you well... :)

humble3d and F3dupsk1Nup,

I would like personally thank you both for your assistance in this matter. As I embarking my journey, hopefully one day to become a programmer, I am sure our path will cross again, afterall, we all are member of nsane forum.

Again, I thank you both for your guidance, generosity and kindness in helping me achieving my goal.

Sincerly,

Nitama

PS: Site admins, I know I am supposedly to just click like/thank button, however, these two gents are so kind and generous with their sound advises, I want to thank personally.

Archived