Boeing Is Working on a Real-Life Force Field

humble3d

Boeing Is Working on a Real-Life Force Field
The plasma shield outlined in a Boeing patent would protect a vehicle against shockwaves from explosions
landscape-1427122365-gungan-shield.png
Boeing is working on bringing a real working force field to military vehicles, using plasma to deflect shockwaves from explosions. It may not be the stuff of Starfleet just yet, but the shield — outlined in a patent application called "for shockwave attenuation via electromagnetic arc" — could save some lives nonetheless.
An sensor onboard a land vehicle equipped with this technology would sense the blast. The system would then use an arc generator to create a protective energy barrier, changing the air around it to lessen the impact of an explosion's shockwave through temperature variations and air density changes.
Boeing
This early attempt at a plasma shield is pretty limited. It won't protect against physical objects like shrapnel and the plasma burst probably won't have a long duration because of the intense energy requirements. And as Engadget points out, the burst also could temporarily disable the occupants of the vehicle.
While this design is just on paper, we're excited anyway. Boeing is building a forcefield.

• Replies 8
  • Views 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cannot wait until info wars gets this one.... :lol:

Me too... I want to use it to repel mosquitoes, ants and other critters while I'm snoozing

in the Great White North via Alaska... :lol:

cannot wait until info wars gets this one.... :lol:

Me too... I want to use it to repel mosquitoes, ants and other critters while I'm snoozing

in the Great White North via Alaska... :lol:

mosquitoes and ppl?

In the last few years there has been a very steady increase in what amounts to high order technology "break throughs" from the US being made public either with fanfare or like this almost by the backdoor on the quiet. I believe that they have had stuff like this in the works for quite some time and for whatever reason are having to make them public to use them. This device and others like it almost certainly are linked with the expected mobile sized fusion power plants that another well known US secret hardware contractor publicly announced they will be making. They will need that kind of power to make it work.

What is more interesting is why they are coming out in the open with this technology? No one is going to openly announce massive economic and military advantages like this unless they have to. So what is making them do so?

it is aliens..they are getting help building all this stuff from aliens..i mean if they had to fake the moon landings in studios here on earth how else could they even think about force fields and fancy machines that fly in the air and go underwater...after all the earth IS flat...just ask info wars they know the truth...I am just concerned on what the aliens are asking for payment in return for the technology...why is info wars not on top of this breaking news...someone call alex jones before it is too late

In the last few years there has been a very steady increase in what amounts to high order technology "break throughs" from the US being made public either with fanfare or like this almost by the backdoor on the quiet. I believe that they have had stuff like this in the works for quite some time and for whatever reason are having to make them public to use them. This device and others like it almost certainly are linked with the expected mobile sized fusion power plants that another well known US secret hardware contractor publicly announced they will be making. They will need that kind of power to make it work.

What is more interesting is why they are coming out in the open with this technology? No one is going to openly announce massive economic and military advantages like this unless they have to. So what is making them do so?

It would be ridiculous to assume they aren't working on anything. But I wouldn't trumpet it to everyone unless I had it nailed down, lest you look like the fool "ooh we have force fields, oh wait they don't work at all and probably never will".

Note that working on something is a far cry from actually having it, and yet another stretch to having it usable in a practical form (if you need a device the size of a skyscraper to power it, you can't use it to shield a Jet).

I thought I saw awhile back that they could make something "invisible" with a huge prism, a long way from something like making people invisible, because it is from one angle and you need a massive pillar.

If we give lots of tax dollars to these defense research departments, well damn it I demand laser guns and crazy stuff.

I could see just about anything but time travel and teleportation getting invented, not even sure if those are possible and if so I'm sure it will be centuries.

No one is going to openly announce massive economic and military advantages like this unless they have to. So what is making them do so?

putin is the reason...they are openly sending him a message that a new arms race is on...hoprfully calmer minds, leaders and goals will come to power on both sides

It would be ridiculous to assume they aren't working on anything. But I wouldn't trumpet it to everyone unless I had it nailed down, lest you look like the fool "ooh we have force fields, oh wait they don't work at all and probably never will".

Note that working on something is a far cry from actually having it, and yet another stretch to having it usable in a practical form (if you need a device the size of a skyscraper to power it, you can't use it to shield a Jet).

I thought I saw awhile back that they could make something "invisible" with a huge prism, a long way from something like making people invisible, because it is from one angle and you need a massive pillar.

If we give lots of tax dollars to these defense research departments, well damn it I demand laser guns and crazy stuff.

I could see just about anything but time travel and teleportation getting invented, not even sure if those are possible and if so I'm sure it will be centuries.

As per the MO of those who develop military grade weapons and tech, they will never tell you "the civilian" unless they already have it and HAVE had it for a while. In any military on the planet, you must be as many steps ahead of the civilian tech as much as possible, suppression of development and ditribution of high grade tech to the public is enforced. The fact that they say they are working on it simply means that they already have it, or as you put it, nailed down.

Archived