Mozilla launches 64-bit Firefox Developer Edition for Windows

Arizin

Mozilla has released Firefox Developer Edition 38, which includes a 64-bit version of its browser for Windows for the first time, adding to the already supported Mac OS X and Linux platforms.

The 64-bit version of Firefox brings substantial improvements over the 32-bit version, including the ability to run larger applications, quicker execution and increased security.

DevEditionEpic-500x331.png

Unreal Engine demo running in 64 bit Firefox Developer Edition

That means running resource-hungry games and more powerful Web apps, accessing new hardware registers and instructions for running JavaScript faster and more effective address space layout randomization (ASLR), which makes it harder for malicious Web content to exploit the browser.

As on other platforms, the developer-friendly edition brings a number of useful features for building Web projects, including tools to develop apps across browsers, a JavaScript debugger, and editors for Web Audio and CSS.

Firefox Developer Edition 38 is available to download now on Mozilla’s site.

Firefox Developer Edition 38: 64-bits and more [Mozilla Hacks]

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dribble: :dribble: :thumbsup:

Where this world is going on when we need 64 bit browser to run resource-hungry games...wtf...they told us that we need 64 bit to run games...do I need browser to run games or what?!?

Any serious work can be done with browsers?...huh, will stay with 32 bit...as long as I could...

There is little to zero reason to use a 64 bit browser.

True, I have tested both Firefox and Waterfox and could'nt notice any performance or stability improvements. Firefox 32 bit still gives a rock solid browsing experience

Archived