Internet Explorer[IE] or Spartan[Edge]? Which name would you like? Tell Microsoft, Nsane and the Public!

vissha

Internet Explorer[IE] or Spartan[Edge]? Which name would you like?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you cast your votes in Windows.Uservoice petition for keeping IE name?

2. 2. Internet Explorer[IE] or Spartan[Edge]? Which name would you like?

• Internet Explorer / IE
    • Spartan / Edge

Hi All,

The recent rumour about the replacement of IE with Spartan/Edge in Breaking News!

My vote will be for "Internet Explorer[IE]" against "Spartan[Edge]".

Reasons:

• The only browser in the world which has the exact name for its work is Internet Explorer.
  • The short name of browser is IE which makes it the shortest[just 2 letters] and named shortest for decades. Why we need to lose it in future?
  • Most people know inside out of IE in context of usage, fixes, MS tracking methods,....
  • Just for one reason:Bad Reuputaion, can you ignore/replace Internet Explorer[iE] name? My ans:No. If it is recently launched or few years earlier, I'd say: Yes.
  • Why can't we ask MS to include spartan's engine and features to IE and keep it alive and regain the history as secure and excellent browser?
  • and many more.....

How to Vote and Tell MS to keep Internet Explorer name?

1. There are many petitions on Windows.UserVoice.
  2. Please choose the correct suggestion petition and cast your "3" votes. You can cast more votes whenever you reboot the system/on a different pc.
  3. Email address not required to caste votes.
  4. Spread the news to create more votes - Share the link. Explain and discuss with others to create awareness.
  5. Tell about it in comments, if possible.
  6. [Optional]: Tell about your views in this thread.

Sample Poll included in this thread:

• After you cast your vote in Windows.UserVoice petition, please cast your vote here to know the views of Nsaners.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have disabled Internet Explorer quite comprehensively on my systems and look forward to the release of Spartan (so that I can punish Microsoft again for trying to fool the Naive.) x3218mP.gif

I have disabled Internet Explorer quite comprehensively on my systems and look forward to the release of Spartan (so that I can punish Microsoft again for trying to fool the Naive.) x3218mP.gif

Punishing MS is gud but not with default browser/apps/UI/tools/icons. I knew earlier that you liked Win8 much better than Win7. As you disliked Win7 in our previous long debate, you'll end up mocking users of Win7 or earlier who don't upgrade to Win10 and continue using IE.

If we support Spartan and other new replacements from MS, it'll will create racist approach in future with old Win OS users and fans.

I knew earlier that you liked Win8 much better than Win7. As you disliked Win7 in our previous long debate

I don't dislike Windows 7, never did - but yes, I have always liked Windows 8 better (most folks have followed suit - no surprises there.)

you'll end up mocking users of Win7 or earlier who don't upgrade to Win10 and continue using IE.

I mock nobody - sensible.

If we support Spartan and other new replacements from MS,

I support nothing - stupid.

I would like to vote for the last option, instead:--

• Internet Explorer / IE
  • Spartan
  • Old wine - new bottle
  • The historic christening
  • ActiveX rules - kneel down . . . . . . . again
  • Guillotine to every Add-on
  • Lip service to every malware
  • Beloved harem of NSA
  • None of the above

I would like to vote for a 3rd option, instead:--
  • Internet Explorer / IE
  • Spartan
  • None of the above

Thank you for clarification for all my doubts on your views. Also, I welcome your "3rd" option... However, it is still not clear whether you like Spartan name than IE or not?

Thank you for clarification for all my doubts on your views. Also, I welcome your "3rd" option... However, it is still not clear whether you like Spartan name than IE or not?

Names are irrelevant - what is the technical lowdown on those 2 browsers (that is the crucial point?)

Microsoft does not listen to their own beta-testers - what is that petition on the web squabbling about names without getting into the merit of the browsers?

Most folks don't use browsers from Microsoft unless they really have to - never mind what names those browsers are marketed with.

Archived