7Zip Add Self Extractor to Context Menu

UpGrade

I have recently started using 7Zip instead of winzip as the compression its unbelievably better but when using winzip i had an extra option in context menu that i use alot and i would like to add the option to create a self extractor with 7zip to context menu, i have found this: InstallPackBuilder but the problem is that means installing extra software, does anyone know a way for example registry key or something similar that can add it to the menu ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a right-click option for 7-Zip:

->Context menu

-->7-Zip

--->Add to archive --> Options --> Create SFX archive

right_click.png

Thank you very much i did not see this, do you by any chance know if its possible to set a default extraction path what i used to do with winzip is set it to create a new folder in the location its run and extract all files to there is this possible with 7-Zip ?

I have tried using:

InstallPath="test"

for parameters field but i always get the parameter is incorrect error

UpGrade

Thank you very much i did not see this, do you by any chance know if its possible to set a default extraction path what i used to do with winzip is set it to create a new folder in the location its run and extract all files to there is this possible with 7-Zip ?

Maybe you can use this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/7-ZIP-SFX-Maker.shtml

UpGrade

Maybe you can use this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/7-ZIP-SFX-Maker.shtml

Thanks i found this the other day was going to test soon

• 7 months later...

Archived