Strange App Installation Issues

Supremo Phantom

Supremo Phantom

OK, so I am really surprised by this weird thing happening on my phone lately...

I have a Samsung note 2 (non-rooted) phone. I had some apps (patched) that installed fine, and i was able to successfully update them as well with newer patched versions and it used to work.

lately, if I try to install an updated patched version, i get a error about signature mismatch. If I try to uninstall existing version to install the new version, it still fails, and the result is that if I try to reinstall back the older version which was originally successfully installed and working fine, that too now does not install anymore and keeps giving installation failure message.

i have run cache cleaner tools and things like SD Maid to remove app traces/left overs of previous installations and try an absolutely fresh installation about rebooting my phone, it still keeps failing..

and it seems that i am gradually unable to install that app on my phone again now, no matter what version, latest or last working, ... it will keep failing to install.

it happened with AppMgr Pro, and i cant install it now, no matter what the version, and again today with 1Tap Cleaner Pro.

is there something i am missing that can help fix this, and allow reinstallation of these patched apps.

pls suggest and help.

thanks

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supremo Phantom

• Dodel

• dcs18

Top Posters In This Topic

Settings >> Security >> Unknown sources >> (enable / tick) Allow installation of apps from unknown sources

Settings >> Security >> Verify apps >> (disable / un-tick) Disallow or warn before installation of apps that may cause harm

Supremo Phantom

tried that, no luck... it was always set like that only.

and until this recent goof up, i was able to install these patched apps..and all their updated patched versions...

but now the same app which i had originally installed and working fine, now if i uninstall and try to reinstall, i am not able to do it.

not sure if it is leaving some hidden trace behind, or some failure flag that needs to be reset somewhere...

i wish there was a way to check the point of failure to find out the exact reason...

The're will be an odex file from the previous install which is causing the issue, you'll need to use something like root file explorer and remove it manually, you will then be able to complete your re-install.

Supremo Phantom

i have astro file explorer... do i need root access to search odex files or will it show in non-rooted search as well??

i have astro file explorer... do i need root access to search odex files or will it show in non-rooted search as well??

You will need root access to be able to delete the odex files (as they are stored on the system partition)

Edited by Dodel

Supremo Phantom

thanks for the tip ... worked like a charm :)

something new for me to learn as well about androids... they too need a tool like total uninstall ;)

Supremo Phantom

yeah.. that is what i used .. SD Maid 3.1.2.3 after rooting... it instantly identified the remains for those 2 apps and once cleaned, i was able to install them again. thanks a ton for the tip. :)