Taylor Swift Just Trademarked A Bunch Of Phrases From Her Latest Album

VileTouch

Taylor Swift had a huge 2014.

She released a new album, and basically dominated American pop culture across multiple forms of media.

She's also become quite a figure in the entertainment business. Earlier this year, she made the decision to rip all of her albums off Spotify, saying "I didn't see that happening, perception-wise, when I put my music on Spotify. Everybody's complaining about how music sales are shrinking, but nobody's changing the way they're doing things. They keep running towards streaming, which is, for the most part, what has been shrinking the numbers of paid album sales."

Now, in another business move, she's trademarking catchphrases from her latest album "1989," according to Rolling Stone.

She's trademarked five phrases in all with the US government, according to the legal database Justia.

Here they are:
"Party Like It's 1989"
WHZ7I0o.jpg

"This Sick Beat"
FnacAvo.gif

"Cause We Never Go Out Of Style"
ONAVGWf.jpg

"Could Show You Incredible Things"
YAZG5to.jpg

"Nice To Meet You, Where You Been"
pPpe71D.jpg

These trademarks prohibit certain items from using the phrases on certain things.

All sorts of stuff like musical instruments, paper products, stickers, decals, handbags, guitar straps, shopping bags – and wind chimes.

Each phrase has a specific group of prohibited items assciated with it. You can check them out in their entirety at Justia.

which would be all fine and dandy, EXCEPT nobody can print these words in a number of items without giving money to ms. Swift and ...for...what reason, again?

sauce

• Replies 2
  • Views 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the actual F***! And I thought Paris Hilton's "It's hot" was obnoxious. Oh well. The world just got dumber by a few more IQ points. :( :sadwalk:

Good, she just saved parents loads of money from buying things with corny sayings on them . :lol:

As far removing her music from Spotify.

Her back catalog available on non-Spotify streaming services such as Beats Music, Rhapsody and Tidal, her latest album remains unavailable on any of those services. But there's YouTube, which has been streaming songs from 1989 for free

:smoke:

Archived