Happy times for this ebook lover.

smallhagrid

A few years back I got my first ereader and discovered for myself how great it was to be able to read in any font size I wanted with a nice, light device - AND for it to have a whole library inside it so I can never run out of what to read.

Found loads of shared ebooks too....But=>

Lots of 'em were in formats that my simple ereader barfed on or would not open.

Started searching for good ways to convert ebook formats and every app I found was a bit of a stinker.

The worst of the lot (though popular...) was Calibre because it made copies of copies of copies of everything as well as re-naming already named files as unknown. Bleah.

Others were little better - like Epubor and the ABC Amber apps.

I managed well enough, but always waited for a better alternative to show up - and IMO - it has:

TEBookConverter.

(http://sourceforge.net/projects/tebookconverter/)

Description from that site:

TEBookConverter is an easy to use ebook converter that uses Calibre. Supported input formats are cbz, cbr, cbc, chm, djvu, docx, epub, fb2, html, htmlz, lit, lrf, mobi, odt, pdf, prc, pdb, pml, rb, rtf, snb, tcr, txt, txtz. Supported output formats are azw3, epub, fb2, oeb, lit, lrf, mobi, htmlz, pdb, pml, rb, pdf, rtf, snb, tcr, txt, txtz. You can convert ebooks fast thanks to multithreading.

I cannot claim that I've tried most of those file types - and mostly what I wanted was a very easy/quick way to convert EPUBs and other common file types to TXT - and it does this beautifully for me.

It took me less time & effort to convert hundreds of ebooks with TEBookConverter than it took me before to convert a few dozen with other apps.

The punch line here is that it is merely a much simpler GUI & controller for the sub-apps of Calibre.

Disclaimer:

I don't give a hoot about anything except for the written content in ebooks and my reader controls the fonts & sizes - so it may be that TEBookConverter does poorly with graphical stuff and I don't know it.

Just my 2.6 cents on the matter and I hope it may be of help to someone, somehow.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived