Firefox crashes after launch, or it won't launch at all

TheAslan

Tested Firefox Nightly 38.0a1 and Cyberfox Intel x64, both fails. I have no idea what is causing this. First I thought that it's Intel's fault, so I uninstalled Intel HD 4600, but it didn't fix the problem, then I thought it has to be Nvidia's fault, so I uninstalled Nvidia driver, didn't help. Tried to disable Kaspersky, didn't help.

This is getting really weird, I can run Chrome Canary and IE without any issues.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting really weird, I can run Chrome Canary and IE without any issues.

What is a strange /weird thing here? How are related Firefox, Chrome, and IE? Not after all any way.

And if You said, that tried Nightly and the devil knows what, what all use the same user data, of course, your user data may be damaged.

Maybe even the cache files was not deleted in the meantime?

Something is wrong with your Firefox profile more than likely. Try creating a new one.

You do not need to try the new, but you have to completely delete the old. Firefox makes itself a new account on the next start.

If necessary, store only the bookmarks. Nothing else!

You must wipe these two folder permanently:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Mozilla and C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

NB! If You have different locations for these two folder, You must find them yourself.

Firefox must be completely closed during this process.

Usually no need to re-install Firefox, but if necessary, you may do it, but only after the destruction of these two folders.

First I thought that it's Intel's fault, so I uninstalled Intel HD 4600, but it didn't fix the problem,

then I thought it has to be Nvidia's fault, so I uninstalled Nvidia driver, didn't help.

Tried to disable Kaspersky, didn't help.

u miss one more thing friend.... it may be OS fault

:p

Just download and re-install firefox, your profile has become corrupt. The reason that other browsers work is that they are NOT in any way related to Firefox and the profile(s) that FF may use, also a nightly install will use another FF profile so that's why it works too.I

If FF crashes on launch, how's the user supposed to get to the help / about to check for updates ? :p

knowledge-Spammer

Just download and re-install firefox, your profile has become corrupt. The reason that other browsers work is that they are NOT in any way related to Firefox and the profile(s) that FF may use, also a nightly install will use another FF profile so that's why it works too.I

If FF crashes on launch, how's the user supposed to get to the help / about to check for updates ? :P

can use Chrome and IE to download newer version :)

Archived