Arizona State University offers course on the ‘Problem of Whiteness’

humble3d

Arizona State University offers course on the ‘Problem of Whiteness’

Arizona State University is offering an English course this semester that promises to explore critical race theory and the “problem of whiteness” in American literature and culture.

“U.S. Race Theory & the Problem of Whiteness” is being taught by ASU assistant professor Lee Bebout, who is white, Campus Reformreported.

A vague course description on the university’s website reads: “Major critical schools of recent decades — postcolonialist, psychoanalytic, deconstructionist, feminist, new historicist.”

Texts required for the course include “The Possessive Investment in Whiteness,” “Critical Race Theory,” “Everyday Language of White Racism,” “Playing in the Dark” and “The Alchemy of Race and Rights.”

Twenty people are enrolled in the class, which began Jan. 12.

“I think it shows the significant double standard of higher education institutions,” James Malone, a junior economics major, told Campus Reform. “They would never allow a class talking about the problem of ‘blackness.’ And if they did, there would be an uproar about it. But you can certainly harass people for their apparent whiteness.”

• Replies 3
  • Views 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Just remember this is Fox News reporting in the video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1Hdy68xhc&x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded

“I think it shows the significant double standard of higher education institutions,” James Malone, a junior economics major, told Campus Reform. “They would never allow a class talking about the problem of ‘blackness.’ And if they did, there would be an uproar about it. But you can certainly harass people for their apparent whiteness.” (Via Campus Reform)

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/01/conservative-media-freaks-out-about-asu-whiteness-course/

You dividing people, I don't care what race, who instead of trying to solve inequality want to blame white people and call them a problem, assume all have "entitled, privileged, perfect" lives need to be thrown off a cliff, and don't realize you are eating out of someone's hand. You're also the kind of people who say, "well, women make less money, how do we solve it?", oh let the corporation fix it, just cut the dudes paycheck too.

They want to push the news to be Black vs White, "Rich" vs Poor, Old vs Young, Guns as responsible for killing, not psychotic degenerates (mine have never walked me into a school to shoot people, but apparently only white psychos have AR-15s according to the news) because it makes it easier for us all to get bent over and reamed, too busy fighting each other to change anything, and putting the same few groups and type of people right back into power via our sham fake elections that ensure only that type of person ever has power.

If I had kids I'd pull them out of this school and the teacher would be VERY lucky I don't go off on impulse. These schools and these curriculums need sued, because it's "hate speech" if you mention any other race that way and heads must roll if they did that, right?

Archived