System Center Endpoint Protection support for Windows Server 2003

steven36

From July 14, 2015, Windows Server 2003 will cease to be a supported operating system. From this date Windows Server 2003 customers will no longer receive:

• Definition updates for System Center Endpoint Protection and Forefront Endpoint Protection
  • Free or paid assisted support options
  • Online technical content updates
  • Security updates

We recommend finalizing your Windows Server migration plans today. Our research in the Security Intelligence Report Volume 17 has shown some of risks associated with unsupported operating systems.

The following links have more information about the end of support for Windows Server 2003:

Source This means the end of Registry hack for updates on XP as well.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This means the end of Registry hack for updates on XP as well.

I think that XP Home/Pro/MCE (with the reg hack) may be able to receive security updates for as long as XP Embedded is supported. Rumor was 2019, or until Microsoft kills the hack, whichever comes first.

This means the end of Registry hack for updates on XP as well.

I think that XP Home/Pro/MCE (with the reg hack) may be able to receive security updates for as long as XP Embedded is supported. Rumor was 2019, or until Microsoft kills the hack, whichever comes first.

According to ZDNET the updates from 2 places

The screen capture is from our own tests, which appear to work. Notice that two of the displayed updates are for WEPOS (Windows Embedded Point of Service) and Windows POSReady 2009. The others are for Windows Server 2003, which runs the same kernel and many other components as Windows XP.

kUZYjq6.jpg

So seems you want get no more updates for .net framework making it even more vulnerable for attacks . The guys from kaspersky said they didn't really want there products to be used on XP anymore they could not be sure you be protected .

So seems you want get no more updates for .net framework

That makes sense. Luckily, .NET is not part of the XP OS (unlike Win7/8) and is hardly of any concern. If .NET is installed, all one has to do is disable browser plugins, or at least make them click-to-play (which everyone should already be doing anyway).

As far as SCEP goes, I do have it installed, but disabled everything with Autoruns and only use it on-demand. I don't even have a real-time AV running on my XP. That's how much I think people are overly-paranoid.

Archived