App that blocks connections when screen is off

broascadilie

Hi guys.Can someone pls tell me an android app that blocks every network connection just right after i close/block my screen.Because i dont want to waste my traffic data when i'm not using my phone.I dont have my phone rooted and and it's an LG G3 D855 running on Android 5.0 Lolipop.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank but it doesnt work.I did a simple test.Started a download and closed the screen and waited a about a minute or so until the dl has finished.With the screen off i heard a sound notification that the download has finished.I was expecting my net connection would completly terminate just after i closed the screen.I am searching for an app that does exacly that.Any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for your effort though.

Hi guys.Can someone pls tell me an android app that blocks every network connection just right after i close/block my screen.Because i dont want to waste my traffic data when i'm not using my phone.I dont have my phone rooted and and it's an LG G3 D855 running on Android 5.0 Lolipop.

I always wonder why people buy a smartphone and then go through great effort to try and turn their smartphone into a dumbphone but usually these people have problem and then believe they have found a workaround and then go around asking how this workaround could be implemented. What is your actual problem? Why not just disable auto-sync and limit background data?

For your phone it doesn`t work the app. I previously recommended :

Toggling mobile data does not work on Android 5 unless you use a rooted device. We can still help to toggle Wi-Fi.
The root permissions are required due to a change in Android 5.0 Lollipop. We are sorry but this is a Google choice and we can't do nothing to solve this issue.

Since you are on Android 5.0 Lollipop your only sollution is to root your phone ... B)

Future Soldier

well one dumb option that would work would be select aeroplane mode or get a data app on play sore which either does this or your request (which for everybody willl be weird cause phne screen are meant to be off while backgroumd processs run)

DU Battery Saver Pro will do the magic. It works with my Samsung G7102 all day :) . It completely turn off network and mobile data while screen off.

Archived