BEWARE - PUPs are now spreaded by antivirus industry !

mona

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ballistic Gelatin

There are a lot of complaints about Comodo Dragon now, which has started injecting suggested websites (amazon.com, fedex.com, etc.) into the address bar's dropdown menu whenever you type a letter into it. Dragon's publisher has promised that this 'feature' can be disabled in future versions. We'll see.

i don't think tht "you" (the user) can say\point a dropbox install as PUP!

i think that could be pointed a 1st step to make the user have Backups (or at least make them realize how important they can be)..... :showoff:

On a side note, in the above post (it shows top 10 downloads from download.com), this alone is well known for bundling such crap along with installers, so I don't feel it's so much the software that is too blame, ok in a few instances it is, but software distribution hosts like download.com need to be held accountable, as they prey on un-informed users who blindly click away to an installer.

well anyone stupid emough to use download.com these days gets what they deserve.

I have user script that removes the pup so i just get direct downloads from there site but even if i didn't have and clicked in the wrong place NOD32 would block it .

think its funny how when u torrent is patched it get flag as

PUPs

new u torrent is really full of pup you have be very careful when you 1st install it .

think its funny how when u torrent is patched it get flag as

PUPs

new u torrent is really full of pup you have be very careful when you 1st install it .

yap! it shows you, like, three diferent things before it finally install <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Archived