pls suggest me good 42-46 inches hd tv

chlorophyll

Despite being old school, I do like to flow with the latest advancements. For the sheer quality and natural rendition, Purists like me would prefer plasma over 4k (also as record player over a CD player.)

I believe that ATM, only LG and Samsung continue to manufacture plasma - Sony is priced exorbitantly and do not offer a great bang for your bucks.

FWIW, the online Flipkart price of the LG 50PB6600-TE Plasma TV, has shot-up to from 50,000/- to 57,289/- (a hike of more than 7,000/- within the month) I procured mine from the local store at 49,000/- (saving 8,000/- since.)

I strongly recommend a plasma TV - grab them before they fade out.

• Replies 43
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being old school, I do like to flow with the latest advancements. For the sheer quality and natural rendition, Purists like me would prefer plasma over 4k (also as record player over a CD player.)

I believe that ATM, only LG and Samsung continue to manufacture plasma - Sony is priced exorbitantly and do not offer a great bang for your bucks.

FWIW, the online Flipkart price of the LG 50PB6600-TE Plasma TV, has shot-up to from 50,000/- to 57,289/- (a hike of more than 7,000/- within the month) I procured mine from the local store at 49,000/- (saving 8,000/- since.)

I strongly recommend a plasma TV - grab them before they fade out.

Alright. But at 30k I don't think there is any plasma. So what would be your bang for buck TV if you have only 30k in your wallet?

Check out the following options at under 30,000/-

Plasmas at 30k range have awful resolution.

In the LED section, I think this LG one would be a good bang for buck. What do you think?

Yeah, resolution is an issue in the plasma category - there is just one single production plasma available with full HD (the one which I purchased.)

In the LED section, I think this LG one would be a good bang for buck. What do you think?

Check out this comparison - will give you more throw.

Yeah, resolution is an issue in the plasma category - there is just one single production plasma available with full HD (the one which I purchased.)

What's your choice?

What's your choice?

From the comparison link I posted earlier, I would strike out the LG 32LB550A 80 cm (32) LED TV since it lacks full HD - that leaves us with the remaining 3.

The Samsung 32H5100 81 cm (32) LED TV fails to impress me - hence, I would short-list the 2 LG TVs.

Most folks (99%) would prefer the LG 32LB5820 80 cm (32) LED TV for its smart TV features - however, I would drop it exactly for the same reason (since I personally prefer standalone appliances.)

My poison would be the LG 32LB5610 80 cm (32) LED TV.

@dcs18, yeah I chosed that too, not the one that has the smart features. I think that the thing you buy should be just built for the purpose. Papa is LG fanboy and he would love to buy it. Our current vintage CRT is also from LG. It's been more than 20 years now but never faced a single problem with that.

Thanks for your detailed analysis man, I really appreciate that.

@jime, papa won't be buying that online. He will buy from local retailer for the ease of further support, waranty etc.

@jime, papa won't be buying that online. He will buy from local retailer for the ease of further support, waranty etc.

Thats my boy ! B)

Would suggest buying from a small-time store - chain retail outlets like the ones at the mall, price their appliances pretty high and are not amenable to bargaining.

Moreover, while checking out the TV - hope you can set it on Home mode (at the shops, TVs are set on Store mode to dazzle window Shoppers.)

finally bought sony 42 inches 900b series with 3d option

thanks for al ur suggestion frens

Now buy some BluRay p0rn DVDs and get those 3D a$ses popping out of the screen.

P.S. dcs18 was going to suggest you this but I read his mind.

How much did you pay and from where did you make your purchase? ^_^

How much did you pay and from where did you make your purchase? ^_^

i bot if from sony store in andhra for 72.5k

aslo too 2 yrs extended warranty

yes absolutely right.this same one

• 7 months later...

pls suggest me 5.1 home theatre system for my sony 42

thank u