Outpost Security Suite Pro ?

smallhagrid

There is an announcement which says:

Between now and midnight on December 31, 2014, users can purchase a lifetime three- PC-license for Agnitum's all-in-one product for the price of one year license — 59.95.

Seems like a heck of a deal...but compared with others, well - I've never used it so I've got no clue.

I remain an ESET user still - and TNOD means it remains free.

Lately my only personal comparison has been between ESET and 360 - and though I still prefer ESET it is clear that 360 is also very good.

(Is it possible to beat good AND free, really ??)

I see 2 questions here:

Pay vs. free=>

Is it really worth paying for an AV or IS when there are good, free ones - is it THAT much better ??

Agnitum vs. ESET vs. 360...

Has anyone here tried and/or used all 3, so is able to tell of their opinions in comparing these 3 ??

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear man or woman - I don't know, who are You, but you don't need any of them - never. If something, then only MBAM Pro version and if You have any doubt, then one a good scanner. That's all.
Why are you all are looking for the problems all the time?
The problems do not need to create yourself or look for them - they come themselves.

I use Outpost Pro Firewall, picked up in a deal years ago. It's the best firewall going imho.

If you use a firewall to prevent apps connecting to the net etc, then it's well worth it.

Yes there's a point to using paid vs free. You get a much bigger choice so can find the one that suits your needs. All the free ones have something I don't like, or something missing.

It's just down to what suits you best. Why just put up with something because it's free, when you can avoid it by buying something else? :D

You can get by using just about anything. Are you really happy doing that just to save money?

I find Eset too restrictive and a pain to whitelist things. It does too much without asking me first. It's scan results are a joke. It's good but not for me personally.

360 has too many false positives in my useage, and I always felt a little insecure using it. Not sure if I trust it 100%

Outpost Suite I liked, although it can be a bit too chatty (Haven't used it in years though) I prefer to add a different AV to use alongside the fw. After years of use though I think I should have bought the suite to save me buying/using seperate av's every year.

I'm using Emsisoft with Outpost btw it's a great combo. Just try everything to really see what you like. I have :lol: Only you can answer your questions really. :o Wait for an Outpost Suite user to chime in for a better evaluation of that.

and if You have any doubt, then one a good scanner. That's all.

it's like saying if you take a bullet in a head then just push fingers inside and pulled out and everything is ok?

Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Once again I see that I have made a good choice for my own peace of mind:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Kalju.

A great & useful option that I highly recommend for anyone who detests rudeness and/or trolls.

Archived