Question about UEFI

blueriver649

Hi Gents,

I am going to re-install Windows 7 for my friend, his Comp has UEFI. Does MS toolkit work with UEFI ? Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gents,

I am going to re-install Windows 7 for my friend, his Comp has UEFI. Does MS toolkit work with UEFI ? Thanks.

if u wanna to make a favor to your friend indeed use MAK online (it's easiest way) for Pro/Enterprice or retail online/offline key for any win 7 version.

keys here

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161210-how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone-via-mak-retail-key/

I admit frankly that I have not dealt with this matter in the past, but maybe you find something interesting in this article.

footer-logo1.png

Click image.

How to Install Windows 7 Using "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI)
Published by arkhi

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

Alright, a fellow uefi user....let me point out some things about uefi if you don't mind to avoid some issues you might or might not encounter.

-Make sure iso is uefi bootable.

-If media wont boot then go into normal bios (not uefi bios) "if" available (some systems have normal bios and uefi bios and some only have uefi on new computers) and select to disable secure boot option. If you do not have a normal bios setup with only uefi then you could be screwed for uefi bios does checks on media to stop piracy.

-If you still cant boot or get windows to install correctly then go into normal bios if available and turn off uefi (might be called something else) then try again.

-If uefi or secure boot is turned off and you finished the install you can turn them back on if available.

The reason I say if available is because this varies with different manufactures. Uefi machine can be tricky but with most bios you can adjust this to your needs. Like for my HP..hit esc to enter uefi bios and f10 to enter normal bios. In order to control uefi bios you must have normal bios as well, if not then you will have boot and/or installation issues. When I am done I turn everything in bios back on as normal. Done. Good luck. :)

Note: By default uefi always runs the windows drive first...even if you change boot order....thus why you need to turn secure boot off, if you have it available. This is why in VMware no one can install with uefi enabled....VMware either has normal bios or uefi...not both so you cant control it. VMware did a lousy job on including uefi I think.

Alright, a fellow uefi user....let me point out some things about uefi if you don't mind to avoid some issues you might or might not encounter.

-If media wont boot then go into normal bios (not uefi bios) "if" available (some systems have normal bios and uefi bios and some only have uefi on new computers) and select to disable secure boot option. If you do not have a normal bios setup with only uefi then you could be screwed for uefi bios does checks on media to stop piracy.

-If you still cant boot or get windows to install correctly then go into normal bios if available and turn off uefi (might be called something else) then try again.

-If uefi or secure boot is turned off and you finished the install you can turn them back on if available.

The reason I say if available is because this varies with different manufactures. Uefi machine can be tricky but with most bios you can adjust this to your needs. Like for my HP..hit esc to enter uefi bios and f10 to enter normal bios. In order to control uefi bios you must have normal bios as well, if not then you will have boot and/or installation issues. When I am done I turn everything in bios back on as normal. Done. Good luck. :)

Note: By default uefi always runs the windows drive first...even if you change boot order....thus why you need to turn secure boot off, if you have it available. This is why in VMware no one can install with uefi enabled....VMware either has normal bios or uefi...not both so you cant control it, VMware did a lousy job on including uefi I think.

modern uefi has uefi & legacy bios mode/CMOS choices ^^

+

if u have any question or problem with the uefi just ask ^^

Still depends on the bios manufacture...I have seen only uefi and I will never own a computer with just uefi.

Hi Gents,

if u wanna to make a favor to your friend indeed use MAK online (it's easiest way) for Pro/Enterprice or retail online/offline key for any win 7 version.

keys here

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161210-how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone-via-mak-retail-key/

:win:

Note: By default uefi always runs the windows drive first...even if you change boot order....thus why you need to turn secure boot off, if you have it available. This is why in VMware no one can install with uefi enabled....VMware either has normal bios or uefi...not both so you cant control it. VMware did a lousy job on including uefi I think.

:win: :thumbsup:

Still depends on the bios manufacture...I have seen only uefi and I will never own a computer with just uefi.

of course and by the way disabling secure may help ^^

I am thinking about install Windows 8.1 for my friend instead of windows 7, it maybe a better choice and I may not even have to disable Secure boot. Thanks Gents.

Archived