(Problem Solved)Office 2013 Problem

Karamjit

my friend have a laptop with windows 8.1 x64 operating system. i installed office 2013 x64 and activated with microsoft tookit 2.5.2.

all other modules are working nicely except Excel. when i click on an Excel file it shows a message that reads " there was a problem sending the command to the program" and MS Excel opens without any content of selected file. interestingly if i open MS excel first and open any Excel file through it....it opens it without any problem.and....if i try office 2013 x86 on same laptop...then same is the case. please help

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did as stated on MS. i did...

1. Click the File tab, and then click Options.
  2. Click Advanced, scroll down to the General section, and then clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the General area.
  3. Click OK.
  4. But problem persists.

knowledge-Spammer

have u tryed a reinstall of the program

or tryed 2010 and see if 2010 works fine

have u tryed a reinstall of the program

or tryed 2010 and see if 2010 works fine

no. i tried first office 2013 x64 because windows 8.1 is 64 bit. i then tried to uninstall it and tried its 32 bit version. both give problems

Try this:

1. Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features icon.

2. Now click on Microsoft Office entry present in the list and click on "Change" button.

3. Now select "Repair" option and click on "Continue" button.

It'll repair Microsoft Office files and settings and it should fix the problem.

if still there is a problem:

For an Excel document, right click and choose click on More Options link and then click on "Look for another app on this PC" option.

Now go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office..." folder in Browse dialog box and select EXCEL.EXE file.

Make sure "Always use this application for this file type" or similar option is enabled in Open with window.

november_ra1n

no. i tried first office 2013 x64 because windows 8.1 is 64 bit. i then tried to uninstall it and tried its 32 bit version. both give problems

Just suggestion Uninstall with Original MS Office Uninstaller >>>>> Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365

Download & Reinstall the original VL Edition FROM Directly VLSC If you did not

Microsoft Office 2013 With SP1 RTM VL ISO [Original From VLSC]-FTP Direct Download Links see topic reply #795 >>> l Other Languages Magnet Download Links >>>

Activate natural way via MAK Keys.

PS: Install Use only one Office Product cause using 2 different Office create you a lot of trouble.

yes november_ra1n. i downloaded office 2013 SP1 x64 from a link mentioned here at nsaneforums. this is already updated up to September 2014.

november_ra1n

yes november_ra1n. i downloaded office 2013 SP1 x64 from a link mentioned here at nsaneforums. this is already updated up to September 2014.

Use Official Uninstaller also see the topic above complete Office 2013 Uninstalling there >>>> Completely Uninstalling Office 2013

Reinstall and activate see if you have same trouble!

ya. right now uninstalled. and now installing again 64 bit and report if something goes wrong. please wait

problem solved after applying recommendations by november_ra1n. thanks november_ra1n...thanks evan12....thanks chancer

Archived