Microsoft on KB 3004394 patch: Uninstall it ... pretty please

steven36

Microsoft on KB 3004394 patch: Uninstall it ... pretty please

orWl7rf.jpg

It's official: If you installed KB 3004394, you need to uninstall the patch manually

As I mentioned earlier this morning, Microsoft has pulled the botched patch KB 3004394. That's the Windows Root Cert patch causing endless problems -- Windows Defender wouldn't start, installing KB 3004394 blocked installing other Windows Updates, UAC prompts appeared in the weirdest places, MSE wouldn't install, VirtualBox stopped working, and on and on.

In the past hour, Microsoft acknowledged the problem and told us what to do about it. Microsoft engineer and forum moderator Pinaki Mohanty, writing on the Microsoft Answers forum, announced that you should uninstall KB 3004394, if you were unfortunate enough to get it. Here's the official advice:

We encourage Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 customers who are impacted, to uninstall the updates/KB3004394. Once ready, we will re-release the updates.

Those of you who had Automatic Update turned on last Tuesday can now take the "Kick Me" sign off your back.

No doubt about it: Microsoft has the all-time best Windows malware delivery system.

Source: http://www.infoworld.com/article/2858738/microsoft-windows/microsoft-recommends-that-you-uninstall-botched-patch-kb-3004394.html

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

fxxking MS programmers, shame on you.

This is the price these stupid morons at Redmond changed the update scheme to implement stupid features instead of only patch security vulnerabilities. I don't understand why these ppl at MS are so stupid.

No kidding. These stupid morons released flawed patches every time in teh past few months.

I guess it's no accident that MSFT continues

to make big mistakes at the expense of consumers...

I had KB 3004394 installed on my W7 64bits and everything was just fine including virtualbox. I patched again with KB 3024777 and my onedrive stopped working complaining about no internet connection. :wtf:

KB3004394 installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and everything is fine so far.

The update didn't effect windows 8.1 , It only was bad in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 , I removed it from my moms Windows 7 laptop last night . windows 8.1 we had our turn having to removing bad updates just a few months ago . Its not 1st time this year they got updates wrong . :s

KB3004394 installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and everything is fine so far.

The update didn't effect windows 8.1 , It only was bad in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 , I removed it from my moms Windows 7 laptop last night . windows 8.1 we had our turn having to removing bad updates just a few months ago . Its not 1st time this year they got updates wrong . :s

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/235530-microsoft-recalls-patch-tuesday-exchange-update/ Correct :rolleyes:

Archived